Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 10-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

Seen lots of deer.9 from my stand opening morning. I've been out 5 times so far this season, and have had deer within fifty yards every time but once.

Ohio County, Indiana Doe Down (my brother's first bow kill):

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk356/bowmanaj/summerfallandbowhunt048.jpg
Congrats to your brother.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

Seen lots of deer.9 from my stand opening morning. I've been out 5 times so far this season, and have had deer within fifty yards every time but once.

Ohio County, Indiana Doe Down (my brother's first bow kill):

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk356/bowmanaj/summerfallandbowhunt048.jpg
Nice doe......live it up....
Old 10-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

80º this weekend!? Looks like I'm taking the Lund out tomorrow...[>:]
Old 10-11-2008, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

Mess of fish sounds good today.....
Old 10-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I couldn'tpick fishing over hunting...just couldn't do it. I went out Sat/Sun morning...and my buddy stayed out all day Saturday. Getting down at 9am I was on fire...not to mention the bugs attacking me.

It's amazing how scrapes can just pop up all over the place over night. This morning my brother watched as a 6pt came out of a corn field in front of him..and then make a scrape. After he was done the deer just returned to the corn field.

I had a 4pt walk under my stand at 7am. He walked into a thicket in front of me...and got into a fight with another buck that I never saw. It only lasted a couple seconds...and then they both went busting through a corn field. It was nearly 60º at the time too. Evil.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

Well i get to finally get out this weekend and the weather does look promising, cool temps and light wind. Leaving Friday at noon to get down there and hunt the afternoon/evening. Cant wait. I'll post back on Monday what I saw and how I did.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Spike

went out and setup the last stand, and noticed our neighbor put up a new stand right on the edge of our property lines. We always keep our stands off the property lines, but anyway we have had a stand in this corner of the property for last 3 years and now they put one about 50 yrds away? Oh well we will not hunt that spot opening weekend anyway, just wanted to vent.

Checked the trail cams and as I said before first year using them. The one had 126 pics, which only one had a deer. obviously wind was setting it off, so I moved it hopefully dont get all the false triggers. The other one did not have a single pic on it, not sure if I had it setup wrong or what but will check again in about a week and see whats up. Didnt kick up any deer but did kick up 2 roosters.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's getting closer for me. Leaves are starting to turn real good around here and have began to fall off. Thats usually my sign that it's about time. I will probably get out sometime next week for the first time. The last few weeks i have been fishing a lot with my brother, tearing the tar out of nice channel cats in the river. Looking forward to the deer season now though and i will have my little bro along during gun season this year, he decided to ditch his hag of a gf and is going to be picking up the gun again. First time in about 4 years. I have been busy helping him get all his stuff together.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:53 PM

Pat- You happen to know Dave Burke? He lives in Decatur northwest of town by the old quarry. He's my uncle and happened to get a buck. Don't know the size though. My parents grew up in the town (last name Hammond). Just wondering if you happen to know any of them.

Chris
Old 10-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know your uncle, but went to school with a couple Hammonds. I graduated in 2000 from Bellmontwith a Lexy Hammond...and another named Ryan Hammond.

I grew up a couple miles from that quarry, on Minnich Road. I'm related to a ton of Selking's that farm a bunch of land out that direction(mom's side...big time politicians around the county). I now live in Decatur.

Small world. [8D]

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.