HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Indiana Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/261828-indiana-hunters.html)

Pat Curtis 09-07-2008 08:11 AM

Indiana Hunters

I figured it's time to get one of these going again. We've had good discussions the past few years, so we might as well do it again.

I hunt in Adams County, but mainly in LaGrange and as of yesterday Steuben County. Our land in LaGrange WAS great, until the farmer decided to clear cut the tree lines, thickets, and any limbs hanging into the fields. I can't blame them, they're going to put an irrigation system in and needed the tree lines and thickets gone...farming's a business...it's cool.

He understood our situation, and hooked us up with a nice place off of 327, right between Big Turkey and Silver Lake.

Walked through both places yesterday, no rubs yet...but it's still early. Anyone have any decent pics or reports?

CtElkHunter 09-07-2008 08:17 PM

RE: Indiana Hunters

Hello Indiana hunters,

My brother and I may have an opportunity to hunt in the Indianapolis area in November. We don't have Sunday hunting here in CT and just wanted to make sure that you did. We are trying to plan our schedule to come out. My brother is a police officer so his time is harder to get off.

Thanks for your help. Good Luck this season!

Indiana SmokePole 09-07-2008 09:23 PM

Hay fellers my name is ron I live in So. Indiana just South of Corydon in a little town called Laconia,
I hunt mostly in Harrison & Crawford Co. Hunt mainly Private land within 1 mile of the house have killed alot of DOEs on my place but no bukes yet [:@]and go to Crawford Co. to hunt Public land. My Biggest Buck to date was killed just accross the field from my house he was a 21" inside spread and FD out @ 235# but he was only a 9pt.

Good luck to all of you this year and please be safe.

Pat Curtis 09-07-2008 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: CtElkHunter

Hello Indiana hunters,

My brother and I may have an opportunity to hunt in the Indianapolis area in November. We don't have Sunday hunting here in CT and just wanted to make sure that you did. We are trying to plan our schedule to come out. My brother is a police officer so his time is harder to get off.

Thanks for your help. Good Luck this season!

You can hunt in Indiana on Sundays, but you can't buy alcohol. lol

kevin1 09-08-2008 05:31 AM

I live in Ramsey, located not far from Indiana Smokepole in Harrison Co. I live in 10 acres of woods surrounded by about 50 more, which is my primary hunting ground, but also hunt public and private land in other parts of the county and in neighboring Crawford and Dubois counties. I'm strictly a meat hunter, but I hunt all seasons.

CtElkHunter 09-08-2008 06:39 PM

Thanks Pat. You can't do either here

littlehillbill 09-08-2008 08:46 PM

ctelkhunter were are you going in Indianapolis? I live in the area and might be able to help.

kickin_buck 09-09-2008 09:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

I figured it's time to get one of these going again. We've had good discussions the past few years, so we might as well do it again.

I hunt in Adams County, but mainly in LaGrange and as of yesterday Steuben County. Our land in LaGrange WAS great, until the farmer decided to clear cut the tree lines, thickets, and any limbs hanging into the fields. I can't blame them, they're going to put an irrigation system in and needed the tree lines and thickets gone...farming's a business...it's cool.

He understood our situation, and hooked us up with a nice place off of 327, right between Big Turkey and Silver Lake.

Walked through both places yesterday, no rubs yet...but it's still early. Anyone have any decent pics or reports?
Pat, have you ever hunted that park of Indiana before? I grew up in Dekalb Co, but hunted Steuben Co as well. GREAT hunting up that way, you will not be disappointed. Wish I still lived up there, miss it a lot.

Beehunter 09-09-2008 02:37 PM

I hunt Greene county public and private but mainly I hunt my familie's 40 acres. I have seen on rub this year and very few acorns

Pat Curtis 09-09-2008 05:57 PM

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

Pat, have you ever hunted that park of Indiana before? I grew up in Dekalb Co, but hunted Steuben Co as well. GREAT hunting up that way, you will not be disappointed. Wish I still lived up there, miss it a lot.

Our land in LaGrange is only about 10 miles away from the new land in Steuben, but the type of land is totally different. The new land is part tall timber with tons of acorns and cornon it...where as the old land was younger woods and mostly soybeans.