Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

This pic was sent to me by my Father in-law. It was taken off his leased land in Noble County...just west of Albion by a 14 year old on Wednesday.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was out on Thanksgiving. Got into stand at 3:30 and at 3:45 heard a deer running through the leaves behind me. Turned around and it was a big doe. She was spooked. About a minute later, here came a 7 pointer. I don't think he was chasing, i think the idiots on the other property just bumped em off the ridge. There must be 4-5 people hunting the neighbors this year which is unusual and they are all idiots. Last Tuesday i'm sitting there and about 20 minutes before dark someone starts blowing on a grunt tube. He was using it about every 45 seconds and he continued it right up until dark[:@].

My last day out was Saturday. Saturday morning i had 9 does out in the field. Went back that night and wasn't even in my stand yet and the moron from the neighbors is freaking rattling horns lol. It sounds absolutely terrible, not to mention is quite a bit late to be rattling. He's mixing in some grunts too. Pretty soon i see him, and he's just walking around and sitting down every once in a while, he actually appeared to be drunk, but maybe he's just old, who knows. Then, his cell phone goes off. I'm not making this stuff up either. The idiot answers his phone and has a 10 minute conversation in the woods while he deer hunts. I come very close to getting down and leaving figuring he has ruined me and my brothers hunt. I decide to stay and as he worked his way through the woods he almost worked as a dog for us. He ended up kicking up a herd of 14 doe that ran right under my brother. He had to let em go since he didn't have a doe tag but thats as many deer as he's seen all year. So, at least it wasn't a complete bust. We will be back out for muzzy and hopefully the other boys have packed it in.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds a lot like the retards I used to hunt next to.

I remember all too well those mornings when the two truck loads of guys would rumble into the field a ½ hour after sunrise...then all talk and joke around. Eventually they'd get to their stands...only to get down after an hour...at which time they'd proceed to stalk the property for the deer they kicked out when they arrived. I can't remember how many deer my friends and I shot that they kicked to us. They thought we were deer Gods when we talked to them.

Now we hunt another property...and a group of Amish and Eminem wanna-be teen's hunt where we used to. Bling Bling, dawg! Good luck with that bow from the 70's with no sights or arrow rest on it!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

Trophy hunter--will do

BigbuckOO---sorry to hear that, some people just dont get it when it comes to hunting.

Weather looks cold for this weekend, but Im going to brave it and see if I can put one down.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

Sounds a lot like the retards I used to hunt next to.

I remember all too well those mornings when the two truck loads of guys would rumble into the field a ½ hour after sunrise...then all talk and joke around. Eventually they'd get to their stands...only to get down after an hour...at which time they'd proceed to stalk the property for the deer they kicked out when they arrived. I can't remember how many deer my friends and I shot that they kicked to us. They thought we were deer Gods when we talked to them.

Now we hunt another property...and a group of Amish and Eminem wanna-be teen's hunt where we used to. Bling Bling, dawg! Good luck with that bow from the 70's with no sights or arrow rest on it!!!
Yeah Pat and bigbuck00 we have neighbors like that too. Our property is on top of a ridge overlooking a creek/river bottom. Down the hill and accross the road there is a bunch of idiots who have permission to hunt from the guy who owns the farm fields. On opening morning the past two years these idiots will all get our of their tree stands around 11:00 and target practice with their semi-auto shotguns. They probably shoot somewhere between 50-80 rounds. You would think that with all this shooting they would produce more deer. WRONG! [:@]All they had to show for their shooting was a doe and a spike buck. All we can hope for is that they scare all the deer onto our property.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:15 PM

I hunt Boone County, IN. Got a nice 10 pointer last week of firearms!

Old 12-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer!

Just don't post pics in "Deer Hunting" forum......they'll blast you for not taking professional quality pics. I posted mine in the "Bow Hunting" forum last month...and my PM Inbox was full of people crying.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the 10pt Jecole360, nice buck.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

Nice deer!

Just don't post pics in "Deer Hunting" forum......they'll blast you for not taking professional quality pics. I posted mine in the "Bow Hunting" forum last month...and my PM Inbox was full of people crying.
Mine must be fine then I guess! Haven't recieved any flack so far!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Feel lucky.

My favorite PM from what seems to be one of the Bow Hunting forum Gods asked "Why in the "eff" do you have your son straddeling the deer? Show some "effing" respect for the animal." What's even better is that theyrarely post a negative comment in the thread...just PM's and emails.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.