Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 10-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

ORIGINAL: schaffee10

Pat real nice buck and couldnt have had it happen on a better day! Congrats!

Carpmaster, Nice buck your BIL got there, was this in indiana or michigan? Tell you BIL congrats!
Indiana
Old 10-31-2008, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a doe checked in tonight at the local check in station. The guy hit her broadside with a 2-blade Rage. The exit hole was a HUGE gash! I wish I had a pic of her!!

This made me do some thinking. I hit my buck the other day perfectly broadside..hit both lungs perfectly...yet the exit hole wasn't all thatbig. I use Spitfire XP's...an amazing flying expandable in terms of accuracy...and have had great luck with them for several years now. I'm thinking I may end up switching next year.

What do you guys use? I used to be a Muzzy fan up until 2004 or so...when my buddy showed me the light in terms of expandables. I tried the original Tekkan's..the sucked! I used another before the Spitfire's...but have never had any accuracy issues or problems with the blade deploying...so I stuck with the XP's.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the rocket steelhead 100 grains. No complaints with em so far. I thought about switching to rage before the season but i have confidence in the rockets so decided against it.

I went out this morning, it was dead. Finally at about 9:30 i seen 2 deer. One came in under my stand, the other walked along the property line and went out of sight. The deer that came in to me was actually a button buck. He fed on shrubs for at least 45 minutes at no more then 10 yards from my stand. Other then that it was real slow. I think the warmer temps had something to do with it. It's 56 degress here already at 11 am. Supposed to be warm all week and then cool down again next weekend. I will be able hunt next saturday through next wednesday so hopefully it stays cold.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Spike

i'm going to try a new blind tomorrow morning
Old 11-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone go out this morning? I slept in after having too many PBR's last night. A couple friends said the fields were full of deer before the sun came up. When it did...they walked back into the standing corn fields.

It's supposed to be around 70ยบ here in a couple days. Hopefully the bucks are rutting so much they'll forget the temps and push does all day. And hopefully they push one past me.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Spike

i went out this morning only to find my blind collapsed and blown halfway across the field. I set it back up even though it got light out and i saw a doe but she never gave me a good shot. i watched for a long while to see if any bucks were trailing her, but none showed up. anyways, im going back to there this evening
Old 11-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: indiana/arrower

i went out this morning only to find my blind collapsed and blown halfway across the field. I set it back up even though it got light out and i saw a doe but she never gave me a good shot. i watched for a long while to see if any bucks were trailing her, but none showed up. anyways, im going back to there this evening

Been there before. Any more these days, I can't bring myself to hunt from anywhere other than high in a tree.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Could not go today. Wife at work all day so i had to watch my 2 boys. Might be able to go tomorrow and wednesday. It's supposed to be pretty warm though. I'll be in a tree for sure though from the 8th through 12th and then back at it again during firearms. I have seen 5 deer in 3 sits so far, i hope it gets better.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Spike

You should've taken the boys with you! this evening i saw that same doe, haha, then the coyotes started howling and she took off farther away from the woods out into the bean field
Old 11-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone seen any chasing? I've been seeing mostly doe's......saw a nice 8pt Saturday evening following a group of 5 doe's.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.