Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Peak chase phase for Southwestern Kansas??? >

Peak chase phase for Southwestern Kansas???

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Peak chase phase for Southwestern Kansas???

Old 09-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Spike

Default Peak chase phase for Southwestern Kansas???

Hello Everyone, my name is Justin and I am brand new to the forums. I was fortunate enough to draw a Kansas archery tag valid for units 15 and 16. I have never hunted this area and am looking for some advice. I have 1 full work week to "get er done" and I was hoping someone could give me a little advice as to when to plan my hunt. I am looking at the weeks of November 10th through 14th and November 17th through 21st as my options. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Spike

Default RE: Peak chase phase for Southwestern Kansas???

From what I seen last year, the 17th through the 21st would probably be your best bet. Which tag did you draw? Are you going to bee hunting private or public? Just curious I can get you some info on it.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Spike

Thank you for your response, I am leaning heavily towards that week at this point. I drew a Nonresident Whitetail Archery only tag, valid in Units 15, 16, and 19. I do not know anybody in the area so I will be looking to hunt Walk in Hunting areas. Thank you again for your response and any further info would be a giant help.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are in luck there is alot of walk in only in this area. i think that the end of october will be good this year there is a full moon on the 28th. i wonder why they threw in the 19 for that is clear up by Kansas City. you could also look around the rivers can hunt on the river as long as you stay with in the water line most farmers will let you hunt if you ask them. Good luck.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Spike

Ksfowler has a point, the arkansas river is about the only area that has any trees able to hang a stand plus Ive seen a ton of deer around this area. If I were you I would try to stay as far east as I could as the farther west you get it gets to be mostly muleys any farther west than about kearney county. For the most part the farmers are real friendly in that area and welcome bowhunters so don't be afraid to ask for some permission. Good Luck