HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - No Baiting in MI
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 09:36 AM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No Baiting in MI

Personally, I think that baiting has gotten way out of hand. I have seen sugar beats by the truckloads at hunting camp and wonder why you would need this much feed. I don't disagree with throwing a little bit of corn out and two or three sugar beats here and there, but some of the bait piles I have seen are DISGUSTING, no need for that. I think for the most part this ban is a good idea. The only problem I have is that some of the people that hunt on surrounding properties will not abide by this. Sure, you can call the DNR, but with how short of help they are and all the people that will still be baiting, its going to be tough to get anyone out there in a timely matter.Then a week within opening day of Gun season, forget about it. This is going to be tough. On a side note, I personally thinking they are sounding the sirens on this a little premature. Maybe I have heard this wrong, but one deer in a high fenced area has the disease? I guess you want to curb this before it starts, but wow, it isover HNI everywhere now.Should be interesting come October and November, thats for sure!!