Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Shed report

Old 03-06-2003, 10:24 PM

Default Shed report

I always swear this will be the year I actually get out and put an effort into looking for some sheds, but never seem to pull away from all the things I have neglected during the IL archery season. Well I still haven' t made it out this year, but yesteday evening 3-05-03 I spotted about 9 deer on the back 40 that looked awful big to be does, so I ran in and grabbed the binocs. I was suprised to see that of the 9 deer, six were bucks. All six bucks were still wearing both sides. The biggest being about 18 to 20 wide, scoring maybe 140. There were two other decent deer then the rest appeared to be yearlings. Today I drove through the area and spotted what I think was the same big buck with both sides still on. Oh yeah, I live in extreme Southern IL.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:52 AM

Default RE: Shed report

I usually dont get out shed hunting much myself, That would be awsome to see them big bucks with horns still on this late.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hobbes, I hear ya' ! I say the same thing! This is the year though. I have been out about 6 times so far. Got lucky on my first trip! Also I sure have learned alot about my areas where I bowhunt! Very interesting, found a bedding area also a few rubs around some BIG trees in the same area. Trails, Trails and more Trails! Can' t wait to get back out shed hunting as well as Bowhunting! good luck!
Old 03-12-2003, 07:05 AM

Checked out the local deer pen yesterday, 2 out of the 9 bucks were still carrying both sides. 3 others had singles on yet. Most of the antlers were cast within the last 10 days. With the warm weather coming this weekend. I' m hoping the snow will somewhat melt making it easier to find the sheds! I" ll wait and see though.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya St Croix, I will be out again this week. Can' t wait!
Old 03-12-2003, 07:56 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-16-2003, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been out probably about a half dozen times since mid February. I think I have found eight sheds in the 14 or 15 hours I have spent looking. In that time I have seen about 40 maybe 50 deer and have not seen even a half rack running around. I guess it is a case of different faces in different places.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:07 AM

Went out looking last night, didn' t find a shed but I seen 4-bucks with both antlers still on. One positive thing I did see was the large albino buck had lost his antlers. I looked a bit for them but darkness soon fell. This fella is a 5 1/2 year old buck that I have on video the past 2 years. I am thinking about getting out this weekend and put some more miles on. Seem to be stuck at 5 sheds.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey St. Croix, got any pics of that guy? If so, postem please! He sounds like a monster![:-]
Old 03-24-2003, 10:21 AM

BHF, I videoed the albino on Hi-8 so it is pretty much impossible to get a still image off that format. If you or someone know how I would gladly post it. I seen him again yesterday and he is still in the same area. However I haven' t picked up his antlers yet. I did find 4 sheds in the area, including a matching set off a 3.5 year old 10-point. The other 2 were from yealings. That brings the total up to 9 now. I plan on getting out tomorrow evening to look again with the pup.

Quick Reply: Shed report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.