Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois Archery tags >

Illinois Archery tags

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Archery tags

Old 08-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Illinois Archery tags

Lets face it fellas-If you live in Ill., Iowa parts of Ws. & Mo with Ks thrown in-we all have excellent Whitetail that others can only dream of. I've Bowhunted most of these states & many southern states like N.C. & La. They have good bucks too but for the most part, many of what "WE THE FORTUNATE" consider average are giants to them. Your in an excellent part of the coutry to see & or take a great deer. Just enjoy your time & hope for the best.
The biggest set of antlers will not make you the best hunter-just more to talk about.
One of my closest friends from Peoria showed me where Mel Johnsons Buck came from just a year or so after he took him. I have shot many a indoor tournament in Peoria not far from the place. I am old-I took my 1st Deer with a Bow in 1958, my 2nd year of Bowhunting so I've seen many a Big Buck cruzin through the timber. GOOD LUCK.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Illinois Archery tags

ORIGINAL: ahunter55

Lets face it fellas-If you live in Ill., Iowa parts of Ws. & Mo with Ks thrown in-we all have excellent Whitetail that others can only dream of. I've Bowhunted most of these states & many southern states like N.C. & La. They have good bucks too but for the most part, many of what "WE THE FORTUNATE" consider average are giants to them. Your in an excellent part of the coutry to see & or take a great deer. Just enjoy your time & hope for the best.
The biggest set of antlers will not make you the best hunter-just more to talk about.
One of my closest friends from Peoria showed me where Mel Johnsons Buck came from just a year or so after he took him. I have shot many a indoor tournament in Peoria not far from the place. I am old-I took my 1st Deer with a Bow in 1958, my 2nd year of Bowhunting so I've seen many a Big Buck cruzin through the timber. GOOD LUCK.
Bravo! Too many of you "fortunate" people take your situation for granted, and look down at us out-of-staters that would be overwhelmed with a 125" deer. You're good people!