Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Rifles in the CWD zones in Wisconsin >

Rifles in the CWD zones in Wisconsin

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Rifles in the CWD zones in Wisconsin

Old 07-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rifles in the CWD zones in Wisconsin

Whats everybody think about rifles being used in the CWD zones (except Metro) that were typically shotgun only before?

I myself wish they would have left it shotgun only since I hunt public lands and I believe with the price of gas and rifles being allowed we'll see an influx of hunters simply because a lot of hunters just prefer to hunt with rifles. I do have a rifle and grew up hunting in rifle zones so I could use it.
What I find funny is that for forty plus years it hasn't been safe to use rifles and now it is, when theres many more houses in the rural areas.

Dan
Old 07-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rifles in the CWD zones in Wisconsin

I think it is rediculous, that all of a sudden rifles are now "safe" to use in those areas.....................In the Erad. zone where I hunt it has been up to landowner discretion for the past 4 or5 years whether or not to use rifles, it hasn't seemed to increase hunting pressure at all but has resulted in more than one misidentification of deer where the hunter mistook a small buck for a doe (because of the extreme distance) just wait til it happens with a person.