Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois Muzzleloader Regs >

Illinois Muzzleloader Regs

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Muzzleloader Regs

Old 05-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Illinois Muzzleloader Regs

BowHunterCop,

I am not using an outfitter. I am actually on a lease in Union/Johnson Counties. I bowhunt on this lease and also a farm in Scott Co. This is the first time I'm going tomuzzleloader hunt in IL.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

same here we lease over 2000 acres in Brown & Pike Counties
Old 05-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you have a great place. How often do you travel from NJ to IL and how long is your drive?

I try to go bowhunting 1 full week plus 2 or 3 long weekends. It's a 10 our trip to Scott Co.(right next to Pike) for me from GA and 6 hours to our lease in Union/Johnson. We have about 1300 acres total. I was just up there this past weekend setting up stands and scouting.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

18 hour drive....I hunt 2 weeks with the bow, then the 3 days with shotgun, if I don't score with the shotgun during the 1st hunt then I go back out for the 2nd shotgun hunt......I maybe going out there to help with food plots, if not the owner's son will do it, but I will be there in September to hang stands. The owner called lastnight, he just got another 468 acres in Pike!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTERCOP

I maybe going out there to help with food plots, if not the owner's son will do it, but I will be there in September to hang stands. The owner called lastnight, he just got another 468 acres in Pike!!!!!!
If I were you I would go out and buy lottery tickets right now! Another 468 acres in Pike! Im about 15 hours closer to pike than you and I can't find anything! I live in Chicago and unless you know someone there it's impossible to find anything decent, Bow or shot gun! I'm hoping in the next 6 months something comes up. Im guessing by your name you're a cop, if so I think Cops, fireman and our men and women over seas deserve the top hunting spots anywhere around! Good luck with those Pike County Bucks!
Old 05-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

fastetti, yes I'm a cop, and we all thank you for your kind comments. Yes, I know someone out there, lets just say he is a very important person in the area, he isvery well known and he is very well respected. We are lucky to know him as far as the lottery, I play the Mega Millions your state and my state are in it, I can't win $1......LOL!!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

I have a related question.

Is it true that you fill out an application for a particular county? If so, how do you handle a situation where you have land in two adjoining counties? Or as in my situation one tract is in two counties?

Thanks!