Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Its official:  WI to have 4 day Oct. Antlerless hunt >

Its official: WI to have 4 day Oct. Antlerless hunt

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Its official: WI to have 4 day Oct. Antlerless hunt

Old 04-28-2008, 11:45 AM
TJD
Fork Horn

Default Its official: WI to have 4 day Oct. Antlerless hunt

Not sure if you saw it but most of Wisconsin will face an October antlerless hunt. This despite the earlier assurances of the DNR that units having doe to buck kil ratios of 2:1 or better would not face their return. Hmmmm...I hunt unit 61 and we did that in both the last two years. Now the spin is that the whole REGION had to achieve that ratio to avoid a return to an October hunt.

At least it is going to be Oct. 16 thru 19 instead of around the peak of the rut as in past years..
Old 04-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Its official: WI to have 4 day Oct. Antlerless hunt

Thank God 55 isnt in that again this year....
Old 04-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm confused what you're saying? is it an earn a buck tag program? I wish we had one here in IL, or at least a earn a 2nd buck tag program.....the area I hunt is a tad out of whack, but I hear some counties in IL are very back buck/doe, like 1:13 or something.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not bothered by the Anterless hunt, I'll take the boy and hopefully kill one with my Flintlock, perfect opportunity!!!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 06:58 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

I'm confused what you're saying? is it an earn a buck tag program? I wish we had one here in IL, or at least a earn a 2nd buck tag program.....the area I hunt is a tad out of whack, but I hear some counties in IL are very back buck/doe, like 1:13 or something.
Earn-a-buck is no big deal. Yes we do have that, but the thing they have returned this year is an October antlerless hunt. In past years that hunt was scheduled smack dab at the beginning of the rut: late October. Original reason given for the timing was it coincided with the teachers conference when kids were out of school. So in theory, there were supposed to be more hunters. Problem was it never really worked out that way...in fact the October hunts in general have never lived up to their original harvest goals, but they DID do a good job ofirritating bowhunters.

So at least if we have to have an October hunt, they are putting it in the middle of October as opposed to messing up primebowhunting time. I rant to a greater degree on my webpage, but I'll spare this thread in the interest of simplicity.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

oh wow, now I get it, yes I would hate that. And kids out of school bs? please, a kid is going hunting if dad takes him....whenever that is.

who's writing these seasons/laws?

Old 05-02-2008, 09:43 PM

has wisconsin ever thought about maybe having an early muzzleloader season in september!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtech.tribute

has wisconsin ever thought about maybe having an early muzzleloader season in september!
I wish!!!!!!! That would be as good as it gets, I'm talking flinters and cap locks!!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:03 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

[align=right][/align]I do not believe that our DNR is bright enough to think of something like that. Instead they come up with an October hunt that is thinly attended and irritates bowhunters.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:11 PM

from what i know i believe that kansas and iowa and maybe some outher states have the early muzzleloader season and you never hear of those states having any problems with their herd control and they grow some quality bucks year after year.

Quick Reply: Its official: WI to have 4 day Oct. Antlerless hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.