Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Snowway!

Old 02-17-2003, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Snowway!

I wish it would snow here in Wisconsin. Call me a fool but I like Blizzards. Remember a few years back when it snowed in December for about 2 weeks straight. Tons of snow. I had nowhere to shovel it. My driveway was like 6 or 7 feet on both sides. I couldn' t throw it any higher! Oh well. One good thing, the NE sure need the moisture! easy...
Old 02-18-2003, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Snowway!

BHF. I remember that year, I don' t know if I want that anymore. I must be going soft in my old age. This winter suits me just fine !!!!
Old 02-18-2003, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

I like it the last 2 years! Brown winters are for me! IMO it saves alot of deer in the northwoods too. Iknow! I' ve heard it before, " If you don' t like the snow....move!"
Old 02-18-2003, 10:08 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-18-2003, 12:20 PM

I recall the winters in the late 70' s or early 80' s when I had snow plied higher than the full over cab camper sleeper on my Dodge crew cab. There was also that October 30th(1990 or so) snow fall at my cabin in Douglas Co. of 40 inches. Deer moved down to the Bois Brule river yarding areas first week of November. By gun season we had over 50 inch on the ground and it snowed the entire opening weekend. Gun season was a shoot not a hunt if you had snow shoes and could walk into the river bottom. Took hours to drag Deer the one mile back to the road.
Mother Nature sure has a way of toying with us. I' d prefer something more consistent, throw in a blizzard once a winter and keep the temps between 15 and 30 degrees. Anyone who has any influence with Mother Nature , please advise her.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

we seem to have atleaste 2 to 3 blizzards every yr in north dakota. i like it at first means ice fishing but after awhile i am ready for spring
Old 02-26-2003, 03:31 PM

IM ready for spring. Im getting sick of this cold weather and snow.
Old 02-26-2003, 04:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Since we' re all wishin' here, I really wish is was Mid-September! YES! I can' t wait! Anyone one else wishin' the samething?
Old 02-26-2003, 05:29 PM

Don' t rush it, I need the foreplay on the range, the preseason scouting, the trips to the Bow shops, the new toys to try out. A little romance with the sport so to say. Then the big move into the valley of passion and unbridled lust of camo, aromas, scents, treestands, and those rushing, flying flinging arrows
OK, Im going to have to take a nap now.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh boy, I hear ya there! I am going to be getting a new bow this summer so I get to have fun! Maybe a new lab pup even sooner! Only time will tell!