Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Kansas DPW Help >

Kansas DPW Help

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Kansas DPW Help

Old 03-12-2008, 04:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default Kansas DPW Help

I have bought an out of state turkey tag. However, the lady did not sell me a hunting license. My understanding is that I needed both to hunt turkey. Can anyone help with this? Do I need both or is just my two turkey tags enough? Thanks guys.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:52 AM

Default RE: Kansas DPW Help

I'm 99.8% sure you need both.

(by the way, is Parker officially part of Denver now? I remember back when it was 10 miles of nuthin from there to 225. Douglas Co. HS class of '88)
Old 03-12-2008, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yip, you need both. You can buy the hunting license on line, very simple. That's how I buy my turkey tags too.

camelcluch, where in KS. will ya be hunting, and are ya going for the early archery season or the general season?

Lurch, there's no longer "10 miles of nuthin" from nearly Franktown all the way to Denver.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys. Do you have any advice for public land turkey hunting? Where's a decent place to start?
Old 03-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where in Kansas are you going?
Old 03-12-2008, 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Howler

Yip, you need both. You can buy the hunting license on line, very simple. That's how I buy my turkey tags too.

camelcluch, where in KS. will ya be hunting, and are ya going for the early archery season or the general season?

Lurch, there's no longer "10 miles of nuthin" from nearly Franktown all the way to Denver.
We're going around Hutch during the youth seasonfor my 7 & 9 yr olds(and bow for Dad!).

Elizabeth... used to be nothing but a meat locker and a bunch of antelope out there. As a kid, we'd go there once every week to buy milk north on CR17, and eggs just south of town on CR17. The highlight of the trip was the "squeaky bridge" by Franktown.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

I will get my license tonight. I am going to Unit 2. I believe I will be in Washington County. I will be there in April for the gun season but I am thinking about trying one with my bow (if things work out).
Old 03-13-2008, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with the kids lurch, I think that early youth season is a fantastic way to get the kids out into the woods, with a good chance of success.
Yeah, Elizabeth is a little more than the locker palnt now. There's so much traffic that goes through town during "rush" hour that the city is trying to figure out a way to re-route traffic. A lot of people commute from east of Elizabeth west of ELizabeth that there's traffic congestion now. Even in the 10+ years since I moved out N.E. of town, things have changed dramatically. There's talk of a Walm-Mart coming into town too.

Good luck camelcluch. I'm heading back for the early archery season and then I'll go back again in May, IF I don't fill both tags with the bow.