Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 How much for IL hunting lease? >

How much for IL hunting lease?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

How much for IL hunting lease?

Old 03-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: How much for IL hunting lease?

2500 bucks for 20 acres. Where do i sign up?
ha ha..........sorry I couldn't resist.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am guessing some on here have not priced leases in the western part of the state. Check out www.basecampleasing.com and then come back and talk to me. I cannot believe how much ground is going for and it is not a good thing for the local Illinois hunter.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

As soon as I buy a 200 acre piece, I will section off 20 acres for you to lease if you are willing to pay that price!!

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

2500 bucks for 20 acres. Where do i sign up?
Old 03-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Spike

20 acres? Wow. I'd be afraid to bow hunt on 20 acres for fear of loosing a deer that crossed over onto a neighbors place where I couldn't go. Get permission in advance if you can. Be careful, situate yourself right in the middle somewhere and only take perfect shots. Just my two cents not worth much!
Old 03-26-2008, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

bhunter, I am not saying I would be willing to pay that price. I am saying that people are asking that kind of money for that little of land. Take a look at the western part of the state. Prices are crazy, check some of the leasing sites on the web. I have seen 60 acres fields with nothing more than a wooded creek edge go for $1500. I agree these prices are stupid, but people will continue to ask these stupid prices as long as there are stupid people willing to pay for them. I myself, have access to over 2000 acres in Illinois, so no I would not lease your 20 acres when you purchaseyour 200.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually Bhunt, i was referrring to my property. I own 19 acres in southern Illinois and am not that fond of leasing. But, if someone wants to shell out that kind of money, then show me where to sign the lease[&:]
Old 03-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Really? Where are those people? haha.

Ya I was thinking 20 acres isnt much, and co. by co. rates can vary quite a bit.

Just 1 guy? maybe tell him give you a $100. Can set some rules too, like only 1 buck.....or 2nd buck another $100.

ORIGINAL: yodeldog3

You may be able to get somebody to bite, but unless you do have real shooter bucks you may heve trouble. There are still people in Illinois who let hunters go for the old fashion price of nothingfor watching over there property, and treating it with respect. Good luck
Old 03-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Where'd this 2500 business come in? no one would pay 2500 for 20acres partial season, 2500 gets you 100-200acres annual lease about 2-3hrs from chicago.

Get a $100, and be happy, or charge guys by the day for bow.....$25 a day
Old 03-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually, you can get a pretty penny for small plots of land. I've seen a 30 acre tract in southern Illinois advertised for 30-40 dollars an acre. It actually makes sense for some folks because if you are hunting by yourself and dont have a lot of money, then you likely arent interested in shelling out 2500 for 100 acres, if you can get 20 acres for 500-600.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Spike

Salukipv1,

$2,500 for 100-200 acres will get you a field with a few trees in it 2 to 3 hours from chicago. Good property that close to chicago is at least twice that price. Last year I leased 225 acres 4 hours from chicago for $5,600. Biggest waste of money I have ever spent. I had to payand extra$600 if I wanted to hunt turkey (which was an absolute joke) A hunting lease should be exactly that... HUNTING! Not just deer hunting.Needless to say... Idid about as well as I have done on public land where I hunted for the last 20 years. I thought I would try leasing last year and was VERY disappointed with the experience. Last but not least...The leasing agent wasn’t even a resident of Illinois.

Quick Reply: How much for IL hunting lease?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.