Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wanting to Hunt Midwest....need Help!! >

Wanting to Hunt Midwest....need Help!!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wanting to Hunt Midwest....need Help!!

Old 03-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wanting to Hunt Midwest....need Help!!

There are zero outfitters and no big deer in MN so dont bother coming here.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: spudrow

Crazycoonhunter, I hope you're not calling this deer a Mule Deer? It's a white tail deer.

Spudrow from Mo
I wasn't calling it a mule deer (i said plus they have a few whitetails too. the whitetails are monsters. This one is going to be close to a world record typical this year.) I have shot both and have been around both my whole life, i definately know the difference. I see both species almost everyday.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

Ah, Ok. Didn't mean to get on you bad side!!! The post was just confusing to me. Thanks for setting the record straight.

Nice whitetail. I'll be coming to Nebraska this September hoping to get a shot at a good one.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 03-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: crazycoonhunterNE
That's a beast - that's for sure! Hard to say what he'll do in future years... He may start growing some trash which would probably push up his gross score, but then he would probably lose some overall points as a typical...

Not that I would be complaining

Old 03-27-2008, 05:13 AM
Spike

You know, I've been hearing the same thing about IL. No sense for no-res to bother coming here either.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:15 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

There are zero outfitters and no big deer in MN so dont bother coming here.
This, I mean.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Spike

PM, me your # Im in se kansas, and have some land that im gonna allow, 2-4 bowhunters yearly to come and hunt, I will have the stands and feeders etc, you stay in Motel, and I will show you where to go $750/week and you draw your tag, dont pay unless you draw. This year kansas made all nonresident tags draw only, no transferable, but was told that if you send in by May 31 you will likely geet drawn first year...The land that you are gonna be hunting in river bottoms/oak ridges all natural funnels plenty of timber, its gonna be around 600acres that is spread out so 2 guys will never see each other! Im an avid bowhunter and know what im doing in the deer woods as far as archery setup. Im not going to hunt this piece (i have more that i will hunt) this is a managed area, last year had one guy come and he shot a 167 on day 1 of his hunt, like to keep it a 130'' minimum and you will take one doe as well. If you dont want the meat I will take care of it, just like to keep #s close right now its roughly 8-1on this tract. bucks seen pushing 200 inches and 1 nontypical that was 3 1/2 that was in the mid 170s should be a stud this year. let me know if interested (that goes for anyone reading this)
Old 04-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

You did say RIFLE....that rules out several states on your list. I've hunted KS every year since 2001,and have killed 150 - 160 class bucks each year except one. That year I slipped up and popped an eight point that scored 148! I lease my own land now,but have hunted with Kent and Kirby Buer near Concordia.... They kill 160's and better each year. Reasonably priced. www.riverbluffhunting.com Great people. Best of luck to you! Here's a shot of my buck from this last season. He netted a shade under 165! Kansas is a magical place!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

book a hunt in what's the county in wisconsin? buffalo county/wis? whichever the #1 state is. ......or Iowa....

Old 04-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are wanting to fill your tags, come to Wisconsin. Deer are everywhere, and I mean everywhere. There are also some very nice deer up here too. If you do plan on comming up here, stay away from Oneida County up to the Michigan border. Too many wolves up there eating all the deer.

Quick Reply: Wanting to Hunt Midwest....need Help!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.