Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
WI sportsmen. Time to act now! >

WI sportsmen. Time to act now!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI sportsmen. Time to act now!

Old 02-08-2003, 09:33 AM

Default WI sportsmen. Time to act now!

If you have feelings one way or the other on whether or not the appointment of the DNR Secretary should continue to be in the hands of the Governor or wish it to be put back into the hands of the Natural Resources Board, read on.
Assembly Bill 30(AB 30) has been introduced that would give this power back to the NRB.
The bill has been sent to the Assembly Natural Resources Committee which is chaired by Rep. DuWayne Johnsrud. He has been quoted as saying this bill would not even get a vote before his committee. That is plain wrong. It must at least be given a chance to be voted on by the entire Assembly, then the Senate if it passes. That is only fair government at work.
Each year at the Spring Hearings there is an advisory vote on this issue and each year the results are overwhelmingly in favor of making it appointed by the NRB.
I urge all of you who have concerns with this issue to contact Rep. Johnsrud and tell him to let it go through his committee.
We must make a strong stand and make our voices heard.
Go to the link below that will give you all the info you need to call, e-mail, or write to voice your opinions.

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/assembly/asm96/asm96.html

Tim
Old 02-08-2003, 10:02 PM

Default RE: WI sportsmen. Time to act now!

Tim:
I completely agree with you. Mr. Johnsrud's remarks appear to be an irresponsible reply. I wonder if he is feeling some heat ? While attending the Deer Classic in Eau Claire last weekend, we became aware of a new group from northern Wisconsin called V.O.W.(Voices Of Wisconsin). From what I gathered, they are extremely disturbed with the DNR, especially regarding the CWD issue. I spoke briefly with our local representative about this and was informed that V.O.W. seems to be gaining some clout as well as sufficient funding within their ranks. I guess that they want to totally eliminate the DNR. Whether they want to can the NRB, I can't say. It does appear to be a very interesting spring & summer !