Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 What state to take Archery trip for Whitetail? >

What state to take Archery trip for Whitetail?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

What state to take Archery trip for Whitetail?

Old 01-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What state to take Archery trip for Whitetail?

Iowa has a lot of good public land, and it is very cheap, and we are very friendly!
Old 01-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

I'd also consider Minnesota as an out of state hunt. The acreage of public land is unbelievable(especially in northern part), bowhunting pressure is non existant for the most part, season lasts 3 months(so plenty of opportunities), out of state tags can be purchased over the counter(cost is what an out of state tag costs in your state so it varies state to state), and lastly, we grow'em big(especially body wise). Very common to get 200# field dressed deer. But being I live/guide here, I guess I'm partial to it. Taz
Old 01-09-2008, 01:39 PM

i hunt in iowa in the first shotgun season everywhere and there is deer everywhere. its insane. i would say iowa would probably be your best bet. its kind of pricey tho for outta state ppl.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:53 PM
RT1
Fork Horn

I think minnesota from the sound of it for the money is worth a trip. Where are best public accessible places?
Anyone have any land to share for a 4-5 day hunt?
Old 01-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

SOUTHERN ILLINOIS...we have tons of Non-Hunted public..full of deer and turkeys.
PM me for more info
Old 01-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

RT1, you'd do well to look into hunting Minnesota. I'd concentrate on the northern half of state due to the amount of public land. I live in Beltrami county and 40% of the land is public, so access is a NONE issue. If you get serious about hunting here as time goes on, I can help steer you in the right direction, or possibly put you on some land if need be. Drop me a line if interested. Taz
Old 01-10-2008, 07:47 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

I think I would be interested for a archery hunt in Minnesota. Give me a shout, my e-mail is [email protected]

Let me know if you can help
Thank You
Rick Tiller
Old 01-28-2008, 02:32 PM

Made my first trip to Ohio during the rut this 07 season. I was there for 4 days starting November 8.
Passed on nine bucks in three days waiting for a big ten I kept seeing. I always thought I had it made living
In WI but I will make that trip again next year. Lots of deer in Ohio...
Old 01-31-2008, 06:23 PM

Everybody I talk to says Kentucky is the new Big Buck Mecca and tags are cheap. The 1 buck limit is building age structure. On public in Illinois you can kill big ones but Out of State pressure is filling up already packed public ground on north end of state which so happens to be where the vast majority of the real big ones reside.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

Why not NE you mention KS MO & SD and they all border NE. NE has one of the biggest archery deer of all time in Old Mossy Horns. Lots of public land and some of it never gets hunted.

Quick Reply: What state to take Archery trip for Whitetail?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.