Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 some thing to think about >

some thing to think about

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

some thing to think about

Old 12-26-2007, 04:05 PM

Default some thing to think about

I'm asking this for all the unethical hunters out their that think its all right to hunt where ever they want. my family and i farm in Iowa. we are thinking of getting rid of all our crp. every year we have all our no hunting and no trespassing signs torn down. we do let some people hunt no we don't lease. but we have trespassers all the time some are local some or out of state hunters. here's my question. would you be mad if i went into your house to watch your big screen TV to watch the supper bowl and drink all your beer and invite 10 or more of my friends????? and remember i don't have your permission to be in your house. just wanted to this off my chest.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:57 PM

Default RE: some thing to think about

I feel your pain man... someone just walked off with one of my stands... bastard so called fellow hunters!
Old 12-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am truely sorry this happens to you. You have every right to be mad, I would be too. I do not hunt whereI am not welcome, I just would never want to cause a land owner any trouble. Hunting on someone elses property is always a priveledge, not a God given right. You will need to get the law involved and make someone an example. Don't give up the fight, it's your land.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

funny thing is --you would get in alot more trouble for going in thier house than they would for trespssing.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is a little off subject, but kind of not. Someone I know thinks he should beable to go on anybody CRP ground, because the Government pays me to have it, and he pays taxes to the Government, so he thinks he has every right to be on my land, which I think is BS!!![:@]
Old 12-26-2007, 09:04 PM

i heard that this year from a hunter too.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Spike

We had a big problem with this, and the landowner of the farm I hunt thought it would be a good idea to make a sign that warned trespassers there were motion sensored cameras around. Either way it seems to have worked, because the signs he made look pretty professional, he even put a logo on them like a company made them or something. Haven't seen anyone yet! I know it sounds crazy, but I guess some people get kinda spooked when they think they might be on camera.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Mo. we have the Purple Paint Law where someone can spray the paint on the tree's bordering their property...if you trespass then you can be prosecuited for trespassing!It is better than posting sign's and having them stolen.

RockyShamrock.....don't let someone else push you off your own land...call the Law and PROSECUTE to the fullest,pretty soon people will know to stay off your land!
Old 12-28-2007, 05:39 PM

ORIGINAL: GTOHunter

Here in Mo. we have the Purple Paint Law where someone can spray the paint on the tree's bordering their property...if you trespass then you can be prosecuited for trespassing!It is better than posting sign's and having them stolen.

RockyShamrock.....don't let someone else push you off your own land...call the Law and PROSECUTE to the fullest,pretty soon people will know to stay off your land!
don't need to post the land to prosecute to the fullest here in Iowa but we do just so there is no argument about it. we did kick them off but the hunt was stillwrecked because they had walked threw 90% of it.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nick_bleuer76

This is a little off subject, but kind of not. Someone I know thinks he should beable to go on anybody CRP ground, because the Government pays me to have it, and he pays taxes to the Government, so he thinks he has every right to be on my land, which I think is BS!!![:@]
Not wanting to start some huge debate --but I have heard numerous guys say that they think that if someone recieves crp payment that thier land should be available to public. Some have stated that maby not open like public ground but they feel that any crp payment farms should not be available to outfitter lease.

Quick Reply: some thing to think about

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.