Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 some thing to think about >

some thing to think about

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

some thing to think about

Old 12-28-2007, 06:42 PM

Default RE: some thing to think about

ORIGINAL: dprsdhunter

ORIGINAL: nick_bleuer76

This is a little off subject, but kind of not. Someone I know thinks he should beable to go on anybody CRP ground, because the Government pays me to have it, and he pays taxes to the Government, so he thinks he has every right to be on my land, which I think is BS!!![:@]
Not wanting to start some huge debate --but I have heard numerous guys say that they think that if someone recieves crp payment that thier land should be available to public. Some have stated that maby not open like public ground but they feel that any crp payment farms should not be available to outfitter lease.
well if you ask some of the farmers they will tell ya that they don't lease their crp ground out. they are leasing the ground that they don't get gov payments on. witch just happen to be around the crp ground. think about it.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

As I sais in my previous post I am not wanting to start some huge debate. I just found it interesting thatI saw this post on this forum and some guys around my part of Illinois had made similar comments---and thought I would just pass it along.
I never said I personaly agree with it.
I have always said that you cant lay the blame for leasing on the landowners/farmers----its thier land to do with what they want and if offered the money they would be "crazy " not to take it.
Honestly,Im no big fan of leasing but I realize that its just what is becoming of hunting and that if I really want to hunt I will pay it or someone else will.
Hope I didnt cause any hard feelings.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:42 PM

nope no hard feelings just saying that a lot of farmers will tell ya they aren't leasing the crp ground just their other land around it.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

While we are kind off on the topic of leasing, Id like to pass something along that a farmer /landowner around here does and as a local guy/local hunter I really appreciate.
----This farmer has quite abit of good hunting ground and yes it is leased . He told me that if a guy hunts my ground he is going to have to lease it. All the ground around him is leased to outfitters and every year a few outfitters try to lease his ground but he doesnt let them have it. Instead he offers it to local guys [for less than what the outfitters offer].And he has even went as far as to talk to other landowners, who lease to outfitters, about giving local guys a shot at the land before the outfitters.
As I said , being alocal guy this was something I really appreciated.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:24 PM

most of the land leased in my area is local guys leasing it.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

In my area of Missouri:: Trespass Fine: $25 and the criminals know this.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hmmm, I've never heard of farmers not leasing their land just because they are getting CRP payments for it. I would tend to side with the farmers having the right to lease out whatever land they want, but can also understand how some might be frustrated about stuff like thatafter their tax dollars have paid for farm subsidies for years.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a fake security camera, it was $7 bucks at Wal-Mart, I was going to put it by the gate, but I figured it would get shot, so I put it by a friends deer stand, that is located right on the property line, and put a sighn up that says "Keep Out...That Means You ......(My buddies name)
Old 12-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: don128

In my area of Missouri:: Trespass Fine: $25 and the criminals know this.
That is it!!!
Old 12-29-2007, 07:14 PM

Ground enrolled in CRP shouldNOT be open to public access. If it was, how many farmers would enroll in the program?

The government is paying for environmental benefits and totake land out of active crop production, which shouldincrease commodity prices. It is notpaying to buy the land, norfor the rightof public access.

Someone I know thinks he should beable to go on anybody CRP ground because the Government pays me to have it, and he pays taxes to the Government, so he thinks he has every right to be on my land,
Well, for the person that thinks that, what should he be able to do to the person receiving welfare payments? Heck, my grandparents receive Social Security...with his tax dollars!!!!Oh the injustice.

What about public universities(funded throughtax dollars) that reject applicants?I would tell your friend that the government pays for many things with our tax dollars that we will neverdirectly benefit from.

Quick Reply: some thing to think about

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.