Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois 2nd season fumble >

Illinois 2nd season fumble

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois 2nd season fumble

Old 12-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Spike

Default Illinois 2nd season fumble

Had a nice 8 pt at about 30 yds this morning and when he stepped out I made a sound (translation: crappy voice grunt/bleat) to stop him and instead he just bolted a few yards and went back into the brush. [:@]

I've been kicking myself thinking I should have just pulled the trigger but then again I shoot a muzzleloader and its hard to recover from a botched shot so I needed to stop him. I think I did the right thing....

I do get kind of retarded when I'm around nice bucks (I can't believe I've managed to kill the ones I have)so I probably just startled him by being too loud. [>:]Either way....it hurts real bad.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Illinois 2nd season fumble

I have much better luck at stopping them by just using pssssssssss. Just loud enough that they hear it but can't pick up the location. They stop every time, naturally I'm already drawn back or shouldered.