Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 OHIO ARCHERY HUNTING >

OHIO ARCHERY HUNTING

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

OHIO ARCHERY HUNTING

Old 11-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default OHIO ARCHERY HUNTING

HEY GUYS,

I WAS LOOKING FOR SOME GOOD INFO FROM SOMEONE WHO LIVES/HUNTS IN OHIO. MY COUSINS AND I CAME TO OHIO FROM PA LAST YEAR AND HUNTED THE LAKE HOPE/ MACARTHUR AREA. WE DID OK FOR FOREIGNERS, TAKING ONE DOE AND 1 BUCK. WE ARE LOOKING INTO REVISITING THE SAME AREA NEXT YEAR. MY QUESTION IS, ARE WE IN THE RIGHT AREA? WE ARE NOT LOOKING TO TAKE OVER SOMEONES HONEY HOLE, JUST LOOKING FOR SOME GOOD INFO. WE ARE PERSONALLY TIRED OF PA HUNTING, AND JUST ABSOLUTELY LOVE OHIO. IF ANYONE CAN PROVIDE ME SOME INFO, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!.....

THANKS

KC
Old 11-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: OHIO ARCHERY HUNTING

I am not that familiar with the public land you speak of. You should go to the ODNR web-site and look into public land opportunities. Around Columbus there is the Delaware preserve which tends to yield some really nice bucks. There is also some unique opportunities like in southern ohio where there is Mead property that ODNR has purchased.

I recently purchased land in southeast ohio and am falling in love with it. Wayne National Forest has always been considered a good place to hunt for big bucks.

In general southern and eastern ohio offer you the best opportunity for large bucks... But that is just in general... Big bucks reside throughout Ohio.