Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
WI Deer Hunting? >

WI Deer Hunting?

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

WI Deer Hunting?

Old 01-19-2003, 12:11 PM

Default WI Deer Hunting?

In July of this year (2003) it is very likely my company is going to relocate me and my family to the SE corner of WI for a year or so. I am a hunter and love to deer hunt. My question to you is about hunting opportunities and public access deer hunting in WI. I know there are a number of manangment areas in the southern part of the state but how is hunting on the public land? Any informatin will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your replys.<font color=green></font id=green><font color=black></font id=black>

Never forget your dreams. Work very hard to make you dreams a reality.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:09 PM

Default RE: WI Deer Hunting?

Arkie55, no matter where you travel in WI you will see deer. The SE corner of the state is the most densely populated part of the state and most of the land is private. There are public hunting grounds and plenty of State land that is open to hunting both bow and firearm. The DNR can provide you with plenty of info on that land.
The Kettle Moraire (both south and north) areas cover 1000's of acres and almost all of it is open to hunting. A stop at the DNR office near Eagle will provide you with good maps and they are free. They will also steer you in the right direction. I hunt there at times with both bow and muzzleloader. Actually some very large bucks come out of the area.
Currently the Bow season for the Metro (unit 77M which runs from the southern state line with IL north to about Sheboygan and west along Interstate 94 and then 175 or so. East is the lake.) area is still open for those hardy enough to bow hunt in single digit temps.

Since you will not be here for 6 month when hunting season starts you may have to pay out of state lic fees. You might want to take the time to get a WI DL as soon as you get here and that may save you some bucks but I'd check the laws before buying the Lic.
Once you get here e-mail me and if I can I'll try to help you out on where to start.

Work hard and be true to yourself.
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/memb...kas/index.html
Old 01-19-2003, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowhunting North America Videos 563-243-7877 has a informational video WITH maps on Bowhunting Ill., Iowa & Wis..(All 3 in one) Public access & some are managed for trophy Bucks. Under $30. lots of Hunting Information.

always thankful
Old 01-20-2003, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I live about a mile or so from Miller Park in Milwaukee. I drive to North Kettle Moraine(Unit 69) Just about every other day during bowhunting season, depending on work sometimes everyday!. From my door to where I park my car is 56 Miles. I can be at the base of a tree ready to go up in about an Hour and 15 minutes. I love it here in Wisconsin! The land up in the North Kettle is beautiful. Lots of deer and birds. I just can't get enough. Need any help email me. peace

&quot;I think it went thru the Heart&quot;.....good luck

bowhuntingfool
Old 01-30-2003, 08:58 AM

Arkie55, Where in S.E. Wi are you located? I live outside of Kenosha. With a handle like that are you from Arkansas and do you duck hunt?AK Dave

Hunt smart, be safe