Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Cold weather clothing >

Cold weather clothing

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Cold weather clothing

Old 10-21-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Cold weather clothing

I need to set myself up for some serious cold weather hunting. What do you guys recommend? Outerwear, underwear, boots. Specific brand names and where to obtain. Any tips to keep warm? I get cold easy, but you have to be out there to get 'em. Assume $ is no object even though it is
Old 10-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Spike

Default RE: Cold weather clothing

Layer it on. I always use more layers when faced with cold conditions (I hope some come soon), the new underarmour stuff is nice but worth the investment? I usually always have chamious shirt, turtleneck, pullover, under hunting coat. If you have to walk in don't overdoo it so you do not start a sweat fest. Remember you can always take stuff off if it is too much but if it is not there to put on you suffer. Good luck.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ggendell

I need to set myself up for some serious cold weather hunting. What do you guys recommend? Outerwear, underwear, boots. Specific brand names and where to obtain. Any tips to keep warm? I get cold easy, but you have to be out there to get 'em. Assume $ is no object even though it is
For cold weather............. Artic Shield!
Base layer of Under Armor
Cabelas has everything you need.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Spike

5 YEARS AGO MY SON TOOK HIS HUNTER SAFETY AND THE TEACHER TALKED ABOUT SILK UNDER WEAR. I TRIED IT I AM NEVER COLD AND I FEEL SO SEXY. IT REALLY WORKS.