Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 90 Degrees and hunting. >

90 Degrees and hunting.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

90 Degrees and hunting.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default 90 Degrees and hunting.

I went out in the woods all weekend, boy was it hot out there. I decided the only thing I would shoot would be something worthy of going on the wall. With this mindset the does must have known it. I seen over 40. 12 of which were within 25 yards. Tempting but, I didn't do it.

I did manage to see a beautiful buck Saturday evening and again Sunday morning. I would say he is a 12 pt. plus. Easily would score 150.
After seeing him both days, I moved my location to, what I believe, is his trail.

Now, I have to go back to work in the morning but, I do feel a sudden illness coming out about Wednesday, I believe that is when the cool down starts..........

Good luck to everyone else out there!!
Old 10-08-2007, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 90 Degrees and hunting.

Good luck. I didn't see anything yesterday. I don't know if it's the heat or I was just where the deer were, but I saw nothing moving. I don't believe I've ever been on stand in weather this warm.

Hope you get him!
Old 10-08-2007, 04:26 AM
Typical Buck

It is suppose to be close to 90 again today.

I forgot to mention, I missed a hen at 40 yards. LOL

The wife and I took the kids out shining every night this weekend and I was in amazement at how many deer lurk the fields around the hunting property. Where I use to hunt years ago we would shine from dark until 11 and see maybe 15 on a great night. Down here in Jackson Co. we had 15 just walk in the headlights. We shined 4 different bucks and a hundred or so does and a lot farther back that we couldn't tell. This was all within a 2 mile stretch.

I totally understand why we are allowed 3 or 4 does this year and a 5 deer total. I think they should up the numbers of does after seeing so many.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I normally don't even think about going out if the temps are in the 70's. I guess that is why I have not ventured out yet, not to mention the long drive to to get to where I hunt. Hopfully or I should really say that this weekend my buddy and I are heading out for the first time this year. Hope the week flies bye. I can not wait any longer.