Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Dove numbers in Illinois >

Dove numbers in Illinois

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Dove numbers in Illinois

Old 09-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default Dove numbers in Illinois

Hello fellow Illinois dove hunters. I have been doing alot of dove hunting this year with well lets just say less than nice results. And well its just not me i have even ventured onto the public hunting areas and the harvest numbers are bad there aswell where are all of the doves in southern illinois. what do i have to do to get more coming in hunt cut corn or use decoys or a dove call what should i do and are yall having the same troubles?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Dove numbers in Illinois

Haven't seen much. Went home to So. IL. over Labor Day and there were none flying and none around...even around the corn fields that were already picked and/or being picked. Then I came back up to NW Illinois and there's not many here either. Hunted Sun. afternoon for about 2.5 hours and probably saw a total of 8, hunted this evening for about 1.5 hours and saw a total of about 6...got 2...horrible.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Iv had pretty good luck here in central illinois on public property. im hunting in a corner between a wheat field, corn field, and a sunflower patch. im averaging around 7-8 birds a hunt and seeing quite a few. but overall according to the numbers on the sign in sheets the numbers are lower this year than last year at this time.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was in southeastern Illinois a few weeks ago and didnt hunt, but saw quite a few doves on the electric lines and flying around fields. I have always just scouted around until i found a field that they were already using heavily, then hunted there.