Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Good NE IL/SE WI Taxidermist? >

Good NE IL/SE WI Taxidermist?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Good NE IL/SE WI Taxidermist?

Old 08-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Spike

Default Good NE IL/SE WI Taxidermist?

Anyone have a recommendation to a good taxidermist in North/ Northeast Illinois or Southeast Wisconsin? In particular, I'm looking for someone who does good deer mounts. Thanks, Bob
Old 08-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Good NE IL/SE WI Taxidermist?

Wings and Whitetails in Muskego WI does all mine. She does good work. $300.00 for a deer head and about 9 months.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

Jeff Knapp (Bucky's Taxidermy, Grafton) is supposed to be good.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:02 PM

best guy in illinois is in franklin inatures window.its central illinois but he is good about 600 a head though. he is worth every penny.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

Anybody know of a good taxidermist around the springfield area? What are their prices?
Old 08-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Spike

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. Regarding price; it's not high on the list. If you intend on viewing a mount for many years, quality is most important. And you always get what you paid for. Thanks, Bob
Old 08-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

Jason Biggs at Proving Grounds Taxidermy in Albion, IL. He's about 2 hours south of Springfield. I think he's around 500/head. He's awesome. PM me for contact info.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a guy here in the Milwaukee area that is top notch, he has done my African work and is doing 2 of my buddies Whitetails. He is expensive but WELL WORTH the money and well known for his work! If you want his info PM me!
Old 08-22-2007, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

I do agree, you get what you pay for. I do not mind to pay for quality work, but then again Iam willing to payfor quality service at a reasonableprice. It is good to find someone that loves their hobby/business and that is not just doingit for inflated prices.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

It is good to find someone that loves their hobby/business and that is not just doingit for inflated prices
Taxidermists need to make a living too. Anyone mounting deer for $200-300 per head is either cutting major corners, or has another source of income. I don't know one single taxidermist that is wealthy from taxidermy alone. To think that $500-600 for a deer is inflated is absolutely rediculous. It's probably still less than most people here make.

Quick Reply: Good NE IL/SE WI Taxidermist?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.