Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

New Here!

Old 07-24-2007, 02:10 PM

Default New Here!

Hey everyone. My name is Jennie. New to this website and, well, pretty new to hunting all together. I went hunting for the first time this spring (turkey) and had an awesome time. I hope to get my hands in all aspects of hunting eventually, but next on my list is whitetail deer. To be quite honest, I have no dang clue what I'm doing and don't really have any people in my life who are very knowledgable about it either. That being said, hunting is something I've been wanting to get into for SO long and it's just taken me a long time to muster up the guts to get after it on my own. Anyway, looking forward to geting to know some people on here and hearing lots of good info and advice!
Old 07-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: New Here!

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of hunting. There are a bunch of great hunters on this board and most generally everyone will answer your questions. I myself love to turkey hunt and deer hunt in that order. If you have any questions please fell free to ask. Thereare no dumb question when it comes to hunting.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

welcome and like arrowmaster said ask anything
Old 07-24-2007, 09:08 PM

Welcome and hope you enjoy this site. It is a great place to gain knowledge and meet new people from different states that have a passion for hunting.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hello Jennie....if you like Turkey Hunting...You'll Love Deer Hunting even more!

Are you planning on Rifle Hunting or Bow Hunting for Deer in KS?Your in a Great State that is famous for some really Big Bucks!!!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:53 PM

Thisyear I will definately be hunting with a rifle. I really want to try bow hunting eventually, but it seems very expensive to get into and I don't really know anyone with a bow I could borrow. Borrowing equipment is pretty tough for me anyway because I'm pretty small. I'm lucky enough to have access to private land for hunting so I'm pretty excited about that, but I really need to find a buddy to show me the ropes... at least for scouting and preparation. I'm pretty clueless!
Old 07-26-2007, 05:34 AM
Spike

Hello Jennie.Good luck this season hope you bag a Bruiser.Hopefully you find someone to help you get setup in a good spot.Im sure you will.Again much luck to ya...Later
Old 07-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just ask as many questions as you can think of to help you out and read several of the different post about Deer Hunting.Your main objective is to be very safe when Hunting and to be as scent-free as possible when hunting Deer.If your just starting out and don't have a lot of Camo Clothing start out simple and watch how much you spend.Rifle Hunting will be easier since you can harvest a deer from further away than say Bow Hunting which requires you to let the deer inmuch closer for a safe Ethical shot,ask a friend that has been hunting to take you and teach you about deer hunting.If you have taken a Hunters Safety Course that will help you on several safety issuesand you can check your local Dept of Conservation or Sporting Goods Store for any booklets on the Rules and Regulations in your state! GTOHunter