Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 A little help from NE residents? >

A little help from NE residents?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

A little help from NE residents?

Old 07-10-2007, 03:11 PM

Default A little help from NE residents?

I am 16 from wyoming and I am planning a mule deer hunt in western NE, probbly durring the muzzle loader season and will bringa recurve incase I see a goat. So this is what I ask of you, which deer unit should I hunt in, sandhills, plains, pine ridge, upper platte? I don't need your spot, I would just like to be in the wright 200,000 acres with some good public access, thank you guys for any help and good luck next season!
Old 07-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Spike

Default RE: A little help from NE residents?

Here is a link to some of the hunting areas.http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/wildlife/places/wmas.asp http://www.trailsandgrasslands.org/oglala.htmlI used to live in North Central Neb. and there are some very good public hunting areas in the North Central to NW part of the state. I have hunted in the Oglala National Grasslands for both Mule deer and Antelope and had a great time. Antelope season starts in August and deeron September 15, so you can hunt both at the same time. You have to go to the very NW part of the state to get into good antelope hunting (about a two or three miles from SD and Wy.)
That is my 2 cents
Old 07-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A little help from NE residents?

Seen alot of good Mule deer on the Ogalala National Grasslands last year during the first week in September while antelope hunting. The Fort Robinson area has some pretty good mule deer as well. I would stay in the NW section of NE. If you are achery or ML hunting it is statewide so you are not limited and can change areas if you need to.

What part of WY are you from?