Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Black panthers in the hunting woods

Did any of you watch this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhUE58vV2Ws
Old 07-10-2007, 02:04 PM

i swear i saw one in WV also. im not 100%, but i was sitting on the bottom of a large hill with my g/f deer hunting, i looked up on the horizon threw some trees and seen something moving cvery slow. it was walking right up on the road that winded around the mountain. i stood up to see it better and it was gone. im positive it was black, i dont know what else it could be. [&:]
Old 07-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

Well I saw one once too. In broad daylight and only 200 feet away. I also saw a mountain lion once too.I was on my scooter and it ran out of the woods about 30 feet ahead of me. Scared me half to death! AND my brother also saw a black one running about 50 mph across a field a few months ago. NOT A BLACK DOG. ANd Ive heard the screams a few times in my life. So believe it or not, they exist. As for the pictures, STILL WORKIN ON IT lol.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

you better work faster or there will be some upset people in here
Old 07-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

you better work faster or there will be some upset people in here
No one gets upset when pics don't get posted - they just point out that no one ever has.

Steve
Old 07-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

People keep on saying that there is no such thing as a black COUGAR in the US. I didnt say I saw a black COUGAR, I saw a black PANTHER!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont feel like lookin it up but i have seen em here in nc and they have documented sightings. Also, They didnt give the carolina panthers there name for no reason
Old 07-10-2007, 09:31 PM

I am from Vermillion countyinCentral Indiana. A while back the news broke astory saying that there was a cat sancturary in sourthern-central Indiana. Which had one of there female cougers escape. They had conservation officers out looking for her and also setting traps for it. But I don't remember them ever catching her. As soon as that happened I heard that the DNR had other people saying that they to hada Couger escape. I know that is true because while they were looking for the female they spooted a male couger. I never heard what happened with that story though. I do remember hearing that they found a coon that was mauled to death close to the sanctuary a couple days after the escape. The couger could survive out there on its own. I think that the picture was just a pet that got to big so the owner letit go.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chris -

Look up "Black Panther" on the internet. There is no such species - thats why people have mentioned "Black Cougar" - because even though its not likley - its not an impossible sighting (captive got loose, etc).

FH

Old 07-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Typical Buck

Pics would be nice to see but I suppose its possible. Would be definately different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.