Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Attn: IL Deer Hunters >

Attn: IL Deer Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Attn: IL Deer Hunters

Old 05-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Attn: IL Deer Hunters

You guys and gals may want to check this out:

http://www.huntingnet.com/news/news.aspx?news_id=658

I've already sent an e-mail to Mr. Obama's office. I suggest everyone else do the same, unless you want local villages full of suburbanite housewives spending all of our tax dollars on ineffective deer contraceptives and sharp shooters.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Attn: IL Deer Hunters

Yeah I just got an e-mail notice on this Justin and was going to start a thread .I'll be calling.Here is an article I got:
U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance
Sportsmen Alert!
For information about the following message, please contact:
U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance
801 Kingsmill Parkway, Columbus, OH 43229
Phone: 614 888-4868 Fax: 614 888-0326
Email: [email protected] Website: www.ussportsmen.org

May 21, 2007
Illinois Bill Hands Local Governments Control of Deer Herd

Grassroots action is needed to stop advancing Illinois legislation that will endanger hunting by stripping the Department of Natural Resources of authority to regulate deer populations.

House Bill 3425, introduced by Rep. Karen May, D-Highland Park, will allow local governments to manage deer herds using methods other than hunting. Under the bill, a local government that conducts a DNR-approved study of alternative deer population controls in addition to hunting may unilaterally implement the alternative methods deemed useful.

Sportsmen’s immediate action is needed,
as the bill is before the state Senate
and could be voted on at any time.

“Diverting wildlife management decision-making to local governments and away from the state is a dangerous step for Illinois sportsmen,” said Evan Heusinkveld, USSA associate director of state services. “It removes authority from wildlife professionals and creates a patchwork approach that will cripple successful wildlife management.”

House Bill 3425 creates a slippery slope. Today, the call is for local control of deer herds, but anti-hunters will run with the concept and advocate local management of all hunting and trapping.

“The anti’s support efforts to place hunting and trapping under local control so that they can more easily erode the outdoor heritage,” said Heusinkveld. “They want to strip the agency of its management authority and establish a patchwork of local anti-hunting regulations.”

Take Action! Illinois sportsmen should ask their state senators to vote against HB 3425. Let them know that it will create a patchwork approach to wildlife management that will take authority away from wildlife experts. To contact your senator, call (217) 782-5715 or use the Legislative Action Center at www.ussportsmen.org.

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance is a national association of sportsmen and sportsmen’s organization that protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs. For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website, www.ussportsmen.org.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:52 PM

I thought outfitters controled the deer heard in those parts. The outfitters are not going to let anyone come on to their grounds and kill the deer, are they.

[/align]
Old 05-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

Outfitters only control what is on the properties they own or lease. This would affect the whole state. Imagine if the majority of your county board members took it upon themselves to decide how the deer herd should be managed in your county! We should always want and we deserve for our state wildlife biologists to decide what is needed, not businessmen.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:51 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Outfitters only control what is on the properties they own or lease. This would affect the whole state. Imagine if the majority of your county board members took it upon themselves to decide how the deer herd should be managed in your county! We should always want and we deserve for our state wildlife biologists to decide what is needed, not businessmen.
That's right Cougar Mag.I am a lineman for a small city Government here in Illinois and these alderman and council members are constantly trying to make the papers and a name for themselvs and because of this they love constant change even if it doesn't make sense.