Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 We could learn a little about hospitality >

We could learn a little about hospitality

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

We could learn a little about hospitality

Old 03-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default We could learn a little about hospitality

I just got back from my first attempt at hog hunting in mississippi.It was a 9 day experamental hunt on a reserve,and lots of hunters showed up.From what i could see,I was the only out of state plate in the parking lot.I met some of the nicest people in my life there.One guy took me all arround the reserve to show me hog sign and good setups.Another gave me an orange vest (because i forgot mine).and another had me over to dinner twice with his family.I was shooting a bow and lots of guys offered to lend shotguns and rifles.And phone numbers were freely given uot in case one of us got into trouble.Its a big woods down there and a guy can get lost on a clowdy day.
Now tell me where in Wisconsin you would find that kind of hospitality.Those guys treat strangers better than most of us treat our family members.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Spike

Default RE: We could learn a little about hospitality

What part of Mississippi were you hunting in. I am from La. but hunt in Mississippi.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bolivar county,I was on the Dohenie reserve.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Spike

I hunt in Jefferson County, but we do not have any hogs. We have seen some not to far from us but they have not made it to us yet.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Bartender

In wi, with the fraley family!
ORIGINAL: furgitter

I just got back from my first attempt at hog hunting in mississippi.It was a 9 day experamental hunt on a reserve,and lots of hunters showed up.From what i could see,I was the only out of state plate in the parking lot.I met some of the nicest people in my life there.One guy took me all arround the reserve to show me hog sign and good setups.Another gave me an orange vest (because i forgot mine).and another had me over to dinner twice with his family.I was shooting a bow and lots of guys offered to lend shotguns and rifles.And phone numbers were freely given uot in case one of us got into trouble.Its a big woods down there and a guy can get lost on a clowdy day.
Now tell me where in Wisconsin you would find that kind of hospitality.Those guys treat strangers better than most of us treat our family members.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:51 PM

You'll get that with anyone from my family! But I agree people down south are much more hospitable than us (in general). I have family in Southern Indiana and all through Kentucky and parts of Tennessee, they are some of the nicest people you could ever meet.