Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

turkeys in ILL

Old 01-15-2002, 11:23 AM
Spike

Default turkeys in ILL

Has of you ILL guys hunted turkey in Carroll
county? Any info would be great
Old 01-15-2002, 11:28 AM

Default RE: turkeys in ILL

No but I Turkey hunt in Whiteside county just south if there. What kind of info are you loking for? Where are you going to be?
Old 01-15-2002, 11:54 AM

When do the tags get mailed from the second drawing? keeping fingers crossed.
Old 01-15-2002, 01:37 PM

The tags will probably take about 3 weeks to get to you. You can go the the dnr site and check the status of your application. Here's the address http://dnr.state.il.us/admin/systems/neon.htm

---

Live - Urbana, IL
Hunt - Knox Co., IL
Old 01-17-2002, 08:13 AM
Spike

Just want to know what kind of hunting pressure there is. I have heard not to waste my time and go south but I do want to hunt here. I will be across from the pasisades state park and next to the river. I will be doing some scouting just want to know what to look forword to.
Old 01-17-2002, 10:05 AM

I'm not sure about the hunting pressure. I hunt about 30 miles south east of there and the pressure here is not to bad. But I do know the population the last few years has become alot stronger. 10 years ago it was hard to find a turkey in my area now the last five years they are really doing well. I do know if your hunting public land to go durring the week. I hunt public land and I think I had the whole place to myself last year in the middle of the week. I've never hunted in the area your going but I was living about 25 miles from there last year, and around the pallisades is a great area. If you go scoutting there is a Hunting/Fishing shop right on hwy 52 in Mount Carroll they could probably help. Good Luck
Old 01-18-2002, 08:11 AM
Spike

Thanks CN.
Old 01-18-2002, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Carroll County is good. Palisades has been good in the past plus Turkeys seem to be on the increase in this part of the country. We have tags for 2nd & 3rd season in JoDavies County. Most public areas are have little pressure during the week. birds get smart fast thou... Good luck..

always thankful
Old 01-19-2002, 11:09 PM

How can I get an application for a landowner?
Old 01-21-2002, 09:11 AM

Emmisions,

The DNR has the applications on their website that you can print out. Here is the link to their hunting page. Scroll down to the turkey section and there is an application for the landowner permits.

http://dnr.state.il.us/admin/systems/index.htm

Sven

---

Live - Urbana, IL
Hunt - Knox Co., IL

Quick Reply: turkeys in ILL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.