Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Deer and Turkey >

Deer and Turkey

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Deer and Turkey

Old 02-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Deer and Turkey

I just got back from a weekend trip to Southern Illinois, Pope County. I've never in my life seen as many deer and turkey before over a two day period. There were flocks of turkeys with as little as 6-8 birds to flocks with well over 40. There were herds of deer up into the 45-50 range. The largest groups were between Eddyville and Golconda at the Illinois Audobon (sp?) Area. Found a nice sporting goods store too. If your ever in Paducah, KY it's on Rt 305 between Rt45 and Interestate 24. I think the name of it was Paducah Shooters Supply. I got to see a bald eagle tooflying over the Ohio River near Massac St. Parkwhich is a rare treat for me. Sorry to ramble on, but thought I'd share.......
Old 02-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Deer and Turkey

That's all great and everything. Glad ya enjoyed the sights and area.

BUT HOW ABOUT A LITTLE BITE ON THE TONGUE - OK?!

Ever hear the saying, "the best spots are ones not spoken about"?

Listen up everyone. This guy obviously had a severe exhaust leak into his vehicle or happened upon some magic mushrooms. There really ain't much for deer hunting (or turkeys for that matter) anywhere in Illinois. ESPECIALLY THE SOUTHERN PARTS!

He might have seen a deer or a turkey and with the effects of the fumes or shrooms, was having some severe kalidescope visions or something.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dang, what was I thinking......I went North not South this past weekend, up to the North East side of the state . I'll get that brand new truck in the shop and have the exhaust checked. Thanks uncle matt
Old 02-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

He recenetly hasnt been through Clark County Wi. I have 2 flocks of about 100 + turkeys in each flock on my property. Many big toms. As for the deer its about a normal herd to be expected for this time of the year. Moving only at night so its hard to see how many exactly there are but id say anywhere around 50-75 deer per 180 acres.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

wis bow huntr...50-75 deer per 180 acres is a lot of deer!!!!! you must have terrible crop damage around you if you have that many deer!!!