Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 OHIO GAME & FISH  magazine >

OHIO GAME & FISH magazine

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

OHIO GAME & FISH magazine

Old 02-07-2007, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default OHIO GAME & FISH magazine

has anyone else had problems with this publication? did an online scrip through their web site last nov. still no magazine yet. a phone call revealed that the company Primidia publication has many offices. the one that OHIO goes through is in fla. the scrip was charged to my credit card the day of the order, yet they claim that they had some problems with there " system" in nov. how conveinent. went through my e-mail, found my conformation complete with a promise of delivery in 6 - 8 weeks. faxed it to the fax number that they gave me.... still nothing. just wondering if anybody else had a "simmilar problem"
Old 02-08-2007, 09:19 AM

Default RE: OHIO GAME & FISH magazine

Hey buddy, I get the WV Game and Fish and the Ohio Game and fish. Once I subscribed for Ohio Game and Fish, they started sending me Illinois Game and Fish mag. I called the number on the inside front cover and they took care of it and gave me a credit. Try giving them a call.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a subscription for a couple years, but it really didn't give me what I was looking for in a magazine, so I let it lapse. Never had any customer service problems though, buy a copy at Wal-Mart or where ever, or pull the phone number in there and call them.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

well, today spent 30min on the script phone with another rep of their company ( this is almost two weeks after i sent them a fax proving that i indeed purchased a script ) they claim it is now a ligit script and now they will procede to fix my problem. was told i will only have to wait 6-8 weeks for my first issue. this will mean i only had to wait 6 months for my first issue. not bad, only wish they would reimburse me the toltal time( over 1 hourof fax an phone time) they wont get a reup from me unless its free.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:01 PM

Never had any problems, but when my current subscription runs out I plan on not renewing. That magazine was OK but I dislike there being very few articles that pertain to Ohio and I can tell that when it is written it is like some body just pulls all there info off the DNR's web site and just makes a good story. Very little good info to help me when hunting starts. I say all this cause some how a while back I received a news paper style magazine called Ohio Outdoor news. It has a massive amount of info in it about Ohio hunting and fishing and the info feels like it was written by people from Ohio that know Ohio. If you go to there web site they will give you a free issue I think. But it is where I get all the good info at. It is also printed every two weeks.

http://www.ohiooutdoornews.com/

Old 02-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

thank you sir, that is more along the lines of what i thought that mag was supposed to be . and i also noticed the info on the dnr site and the same thought crossed my mind ,why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free. what is pitiful is the people made me feel like i was trying to fraud them out of a subscription, not good for return businiess. thanks again.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:13 PM

No problem! You will enjoy the Paper! I just like it cause it is full of stories that I could see myself telling and the pics in there look like normal people and every day hunters. You don't feel like it is written by the pros only and you only look up to it.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:20 AM

I would also recommend North American Whitetail magazine as well. It is by the same publisher. It keeps you posted on all the deer stories from all the states. I subscribe to Ohio Game & Fish, West Virginia Game & Fish and North American Whitetail mag. I believe the subscription is $10 a year for 12 issues which is a total steal...