Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana one buck rule >

Indiana one buck rule

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana one buck rule

Old 01-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Indiana one buck rule

I like the OBR but i think Indiana's problem is that there is not enough public ground to hunt. Bordering states blow Indiana out of the water when public ground is compared!
Old 01-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

One buck rule is ok, but the prices for tags have made it hard for me to activelyseek outa doe.
I'm sure $24.00 per tag isn't bad compaired to other states, and the 2nd, 3rd, 4th bonus tags are about half price.
Not tagging out by the end of gun, would put me into a panic, having tobuy a muzzleloader tag wouldjust be toocostly by then.

...that's my two cents....

Also, I have to say that starting gun in December is the worst idea I've ever heard!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 01:53 PM

One buck is not necessarily one buck. Many of the biggest one buck supporters hunt military refuge, park, and urban depredation hunts and take two, three, four bucks. Those that don't hunt them for one reason or another, are stuck with the one buck. The one buck rule actually has only saved 1 to 3 thousand bucks that were taken by hunters that hunted both archery and firearms. Somehow I feel that that number or more has been replaced by giving those that hunt the bonus hunts bonus tags to hunt them. You used to go to a hunt like Atterbury and when you went for your hunt you gave them your license and they gave you a button with a number on it. After the hunt you traded the button back for your license if you did not tag out. They were bonus hunts, not bonus chances to take an animal.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Beehunter

What is a 'bwanas'?
It is from a Bob Hope movie, "Call Me Bwana". Hope played an African big game hunter.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

i see it both ways but the obr wasnt the problem this year the unlimited doe harvest was

whats wrong with moving gun season to December
Old 01-31-2007, 08:07 AM

The simplest reason is that there is no need. The herd is growing.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

the reason for moving the gun season was to protect the buck during the main rut meaning big buck (the belief) it doesn't have anything to do with the size of the herd we would get rid of the obr then
Old 02-01-2007, 04:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Ain't ever gonna happen Monster, DNR uses the gun hunters during the rut for their main cull. Unless bowhunters suddenly start taking as many or more than the gunners do the gun season will stay where it is or even expand as it did this year. The best you can hope for is that they don't expand it in the other direction.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

i was only asking why some peopledidn't want it in December I'm not saying I'm for it and if the reason they don't move the season is to control numbers then why is Iowa,Ohio, Michigan and others in December and short we could move it in reality
Old 02-01-2007, 08:57 AM

I have definitely been seeing more and bigger bucks in the past few years. I have even seen some big ones on the public land that I hunt. I think the obr has been a good thing for buck growth. I do agree that the doe herd is getting out of control, because after most hunters shoot their buck they are done for the year.

Quick Reply: Indiana one buck rule

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.