Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

IL Land Price

Old 01-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default IL Land Price

I'm looking at a possible purchase of a 30 acre property all timber with a ravine that runs through part of it in Nortwest IL. Anyone have any idea what the going rate might be per acre. Any input is appreciated.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: IL Land Price

In off-the-beaten path parts of southern Illinois you would be looking at 1000 to 2000 an acre. In some of the really hot deer counties, maybe 3-4 thousand. Up there it could be much higher depending on your proximity to chicago or the Quad-cities area.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:28 AM

Just recently I caught wind of a sale in Morgan County(my home).

66 ac., 17 tillable, remainder in timber. 2 small, shallow ponds, highway on the west border, county road on the north. Pretty good hunting ground, nobody had been allowed on it for many years. It sold for 3,200/ac.(were asking 3,600)after about 6 months on the market. And that's probably on the high side of average for around here.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's about what it would have cost in Richland county.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Spike

I've been looking quite a bit lately too, & it seems timber around here is $3500-5000/acre. Closer to $5-6000 if through a realtor. I was originally hoping to buy a 40 (for landowner tags) in a couple years, but now with what land is going for here, I'm going to have to lower my expectations quite a bit.

I do know that you can still find timber down in McDonough Co. for $2200-3000/acre. Well, at least before all the publicity about the "Macomb Monster" started flying last year.

I believe we live in the same neck of the woods - send me a pm if you find some timber for a decent price that you're not interested in.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmaster61081

I've been looking quite a bit lately too, & it seems timber around here is $3500-5000/acre. Closer to $5-6000 if through a realtor. I was originally hoping to buy a 40 (for landowner tags) in a couple years, but now with what land is going for here, I'm going to have to lower my expectations quite a bit.

I do know that you can still find timber down in McDonough Co. for $2200-3000/acre. Well, at least before all the publicity about the "Macomb Monster" started flying last year.

I believe we live in the same neck of the woods - send me a pm if you find some timber for a decent price that you're not interested in.
Buckmaster-
Will Do. The property is in Lee county. Would the CWD situation here cause you not to invest? I'm just thinking out loud.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Spike

Not at all. Land is a good investment & the price isn't going to come down on it, unless you put a landfill on it or something like that.

On CWD, Ogle co. is now considered a cwd county, but how many cases are there......2. With only 2 cases, they are going gangbusters with letting hunters shoot deer-almost sounds like an eradication zone. Buy a $5 CWD tag & if you shoot one & let them test it, they'll give you an EITHER-SEX tag free. If anything, I think it's added hunters to Ogle Co. I can't say much, since I'm one of the hunters taking advantage of it.

Lee Co 30 acres; I don't think I've seen that one.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:33 PM

It is going up here in Pike County all the time. Lots of it is going in the 5-6 thousand per acre range now. Pretty unbelievable for ground that I could have bought for 300-400 dollars an acre when I got out of high school. Never dreamed it would get like this or I would have bought all I could have afforded.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:58 PM

ORIGINAL: brownie65

It is going up here in Pike County all the time. Lots of it is going in the 5-6 thousand per acre range now. Pretty unbelievable for ground that I could have bought for 300-400 dollars an acre when I got out of high school. Never dreamed it would get like this or I would have bought all I could have afforded.
Maybe people are asking that price but I doubt they're getting it. My father in law recently sold 75 acres (50 tillable) for 265K which is roughly 3500/acre but it also had a doublewide and a cooler. It was on the market for over a year before it sold. This was in nothern Pike.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:43 PM

http://www.jrosengren.com/

Check this guy out. He knows what's happening around western Illinois and can help.

Quick Reply: IL Land Price

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.