Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 My Indy story.... >

My Indy story....

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

My Indy story....

Old 11-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default My Indy story....

Well Made my annual migration to catch Indianas opener this past weekend..Hunt started out great, saw 23 deer total saturday passing up a small buck in the morning. Towards dark had a nice 8 come out about 100 yards in front of me. Decided he was nice enough for the $150 tag, so I put the crosshairs in front of the shoulder(he was quartering towards me) and squeezed the trigger. Trigger didnt move.....hmmm....flick safety back and forth in case it stuck or something was in there....line up crosshairs, squeeze...nada.....screw with it some more....try 3 more times, meanwhile he sees me screwing with gun.....no boom....deer finally runs off....crap.....play with safety some more gun goes boom....so I head back to sister's house....look at gun....dont see anything, dry fires fine now...I reload muzzleloader and put gun away. Next morning, same tree.....small buck chases doe across bean field...awesome! 45 minutes later, nervous doe squirts out of CRP followed by antler daddy! Awesome I think!! Deer steps into opening, rest gun on EZ hanger, place crosshairs on shoulder, take safety off, take breath.......squeeze..........nothin again! &*^*&*%^% I say...nerves start to go.....screw with safety.....ok try again.....nothing.....HOLY CRAP! This Sucks!!! Do it again, get gun back up, kinda shaky now... this time BOOM! Deer lurches......startes walking...I think crap - guts. reload....deer gets out of range before he is clear again....think he will bed down go into shock and die....well only found 4 chunks of fatty skin like meat and stiff white hair, traked by hoofprints about 400 yards - no blood, no monster, now I am left with a dysfunctional rifle, a memory and a sick feeling in my gut that wont go away....All Knight says is send in trigger assembly, just wish I could turn back time......I guess there is a first time for everything, never lost one like that before, if the gun would have went off when I first tried to shoot............[/align]
Old 11-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Indy story....

My Knight Revolution had some issues with the trigger. Basically it wasn't hitting the primer hard enough to fire it off. I called them up, and they told me to ship it to them ASAP. Got it back in a couple weeks, works perfect now.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang guns...
Old 11-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that, where were you hunting in Indy?
Old 11-21-2006, 07:40 AM

reminds me of my old flint lock days. I had a nice buck walk slowly along a tree line at 25 yards and I pulled the trigger. It took about 2 seconds in reality to fire but to me it seemed like 2 minuetes. I did get the deer but it was 15 yards farther away than when I pulled the trigger. Glad those days are over..lol