Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 10 Pointer harvested near Bowler WI >

10 Pointer harvested near Bowler WI

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

10 Pointer harvested near Bowler WI

Old 11-20-2006, 08:13 AM

Default 10 Pointer harvested near Bowler WI

Picture information:[/align][/align]Ken Weisnicht of Shawano harvested this 10 point, 180 pound buck with 20" inside spread on opening day of gun season at 2:45 p.m. near the Bowler area. It was estimated to be 4 1/2 years old.[/align][/align]Story behind the kill...[/align][/align]I could hear brush cracking as I sat in anticipation with my shotgun drawn and finger on the safety. I waited for what seemed to be hours, (probably only 10 minutes), with my arms shaking and my heart pounding. I aimed at my firing lane deep into the swamp, only to see two sets of deer legs, one behind the other. These deer were way beyond my 12-Gage reach but I knew they were on a full trot towards my husband Ken so I decided not to shoot and let them go to him. I counted to nine and heard..."KA BOOM." I knew he didn't miss. I was so excited, (at this time not knowing that he shot a buck because as I said, I could only see legs), but knew there was only one shot so I waited in hopes of the second deer back-tracking, but NOTHING. So I climbed out of my stand and jelly-legged over to Ken's stand. To my surprise, there lay this monster buck and Ken's eyes were HUGE! He was so happy and surprised. After we talked for a few moments, he told me that he heard something and turned to see a deer standing there, not even noticing the coat rack on it's head, (partially hidden by a birch tree). He just knew we needed meat and aimed ahead of the deer, and as soon as it ran into his shooting lane he pulled the trigger and by the time it reached his next shooting lane it nose-dived into a tree and fell lifeless to the ground, (only 60 yards from his stand). [/align][/align]His father Jerry also landed a five point buck the next day! What an excellent weekend at the Weisnicht camp![/align][/align]Ken's Wife,[/align]Tracey![/align]

Old 11-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 10 Pointer harvested near Bowler WI

nice deer congrats
Old 11-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go, nice buck
Old 11-20-2006, 09:07 PM

Where in Near bowler is this....We just got a plot of 40 up there on highway d and Bierman rd

Will be up there next weekend after turkey day
Congrats!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:40 AM

Buckhunter 14,

I think we may be neighbors...are you the new shack on the hill??? That place is huge. If that is you...we'de like to stop by and introduce ourselves. We stopped, (my husband and I), while the foundation was being poured and talked to the guy working. He said you are an Engineer from Milwaukee??? That you? If so, there is another plot between us, (going towards Matoon), that is owned by folks from Milwaukee also and then our 20.

Please reply!

Tracey Weisnicht
Old 11-21-2006, 06:50 PM

Hey there....Well I'll Be darned if that is not us!!! The engineer is my Grandfather. Norb. He bought it for us My dad and his brother and his grand kids, which is me and my brothers and cousins to hunt on. That huge shed is for all of his toys and what not!!!

Anyways we have a couple of pics of some nice deer on the property. We have two nice bucks on the camera and a couple of does. We hunted opener of bow and passed on some nubbers and does. We have also run across a bear about 2 or 3 times.

Well that sure is a nice buck!

We will be huntingmorning and eveningsfriday, Sat. and thenSunday morning.
Stop by like 11 or 12 friday or sat so we can chat.

We stay either at a camper on the property or else at our cabin on Legend lake

Let me know when you wanna come on over!
Theinespines

Old 11-21-2006, 07:10 PM

Lets see...the norm for the last gun hunting weekendby us is this...normally we like to sit Friday and Saturday while the neighbor to the North does drives. Would it be possible to meet after hunting or on Sunday b4 you leave? We won't be hunting Sunday because we have boulders to move on the driveway, (don't ask). It would be nice to meet up with you guys! Talk soon!

Tracey
Old 11-21-2006, 07:22 PM

Yeah we could make that work

How well do ya'll normally do on the 2nd weekend

The drives....When do they do them just in case anything decides to come my way?

Oh..you know bonnies? We could meet for a beer after hours or something

Wont ask about the bolders...we have plenty ourselves.
Pines

Old 11-21-2006, 07:30 PM

Hey what did the 5 pt look like....I may have a trail cam pic of it. It only showed up once in front of the cam

Pines
Old 11-22-2006, 08:39 AM

Well, we don't drink but are always up for a Sundrop! I'll ask the hubby and let you know.

As far as the drives, I've only hunted 3 years with these guys, (this is the 3rd). Ken's dad owns the land and there are 4 of us that hunt it. Ken, me, his father and his brother. Since I've been with KenONE of ushas always gotten at least one deer everytime we sit no matter what day. The drives consist of the group next to us going towards Mattoon. The other drive is the acerage accross Hwy D from you and I. We haven't seen this group at all this year so we'll see if they show this weekend. The drives are usually Saturday morning around 8:30 or 9 a.m. so we sit along our property lines and wait. If we don't do that, these guys usally try to hunt our land. It's the same land owner that put diesel fuel soaked rags on our trees and some sort of powder along our property line. GRRRRR! We'll tell you all about that when we meet up! Oh yeah, there are some stories to be told.

The 5 pointer had a broken tine on one side so it would have been a 6. The rack wasn't very developed either.

Quick Reply: 10 Pointer harvested near Bowler WI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.