Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 1st year Outdoor Expo for Illinois!!! >

1st year Outdoor Expo for Illinois!!!

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

1st year Outdoor Expo for Illinois!!!

Old 10-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default 1st year Outdoor Expo for Illinois!!!

Princeton, Illinois is hosting the 1st Annual North Central Illinois Outdoor Expo January 26th - 28th. Vendors are falling in line quick and it should be a good show. Two hours from Chicago, one from Peoria, one from the Quad cities. Mark your calendars. Maybe HN should get a booth?
Old 10-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 1st year Outdoor Expo for Illinois!!!

Sounds interesting! Wonder how comparable it will be to the Deer & Turkey Classic...

You're not too far from me. I just moved up to Kewanee about 7 months ago so I'm faced with hunting mostly public ground for the time....gonna be interesting.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

OK Princeton. That's where we went for frosh/soph state wrestling championships a couple years ago.

I wouldn'tjump and right away try to compare it to the deer & turkey show. It is labeled Outdoor Expo - not deer & turkey.

I think we'll give it a whirl. Should be able to fit it inthe last weekend of January?

And yes I believe Huntiingnet shoyld get a booth. It has been far too long and convienient for these supposed "agents of HNI" to slide by. I think it is time for these "faces of HNI" to become real and do a booth! Where people can see these folks. Where members can shake their hands. Where members can smell.... (never mind). But IMO get a booth. Heck I would sit it one day if necessary. Wouldn't make it the prettiest booth but it would still be a booth.

Old 10-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

WOW!
Is there a website for booth costs???
I might get a booth for my calls!
Thanks!
Old 10-28-2006, 10:52 AM

cool
Old 10-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Huntingnet was at the 2006 Deer and Turkey Classic. Well, at least me and the HNI banner. We gave out about 200 mousepads and several hats and shirts.

The Illinois Bowfishers/HuntingNet/AimnLow booth

Mr Shumaker with his deer (above him)and an HNI cap

Booth babes.... (we had our cake and ate it too)

Old 10-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

Thebooth rentalwill be 125.00 for the 3 days. It will be no where near the size of the D & T Classic but we will start the building blocks of a quality show for years to come. Definitely a fun event for the end of January.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:57 PM

Greetings all. I'm Woody Wendt from Princeton and I'm working with 14mercs and several other dedicated sportsmen to make this event happen. We're calling it the North Central Illinois Outdoor Sports Expo. We believe that this region of IL is home to many outdoorsmen and its woods and waters are utilized by as many others. We would like to provide all of them with a quality show that would feature local area vendors as well as the national level vendors that exhibit at the big shows. We're already starting to get calls from exhibitors and we haven't started are ad campaigns or invitation mailings yet, so we're pumped.

I would like to let you know that due to a scheduling conflict, we had to change the date to the weekend of March 2-4. at the Bureau County Fairgrounds in Princeton, IL.

I hope I haven't broken any forum rules with this post. I need to go read the rules before I post any links to our website or contact info. I just wanted to get the new date to ya'll.

Thanks and hope to see you there,
Woody