Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting/Outdoor Expo >

Hunting/Outdoor Expo

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting/Outdoor Expo

Old 05-24-2007, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting/Outdoor Expo

I am in the planning stages of hosting a Hunting/Outdoor Expo at a local convention center. I manage a radio station, we are looking at this as a way to pick up some new advertisers for our station and give local hunters something to do during the dog days of August. I'm looking for ideas. Besides exhibits from local taxidermists, archery shops, ATV dealers, etc.....what would be considered a good "draw" for a show like this? Advertising won't be a problem, we have unlimited amount of radio air time, I can get billboards and print ads as well. Any ideas would be welcomed...I think this could be a great thing for hunters/outdoor types in our area. I'm just trying to think of something that will help draw a large crowd.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting/Outdoor Expo

Hunters love two things: Free stuff and hotties.

Maybe organize some kind of contest for a free bow or a free hunt. Also, if you had some free keg beer, or .25 cent drafts, it could turn into a pretty big crowd.

Maybe sell tickets and have a gun bash during the expo?

Figure out a way to incorporate hot chicks into the mix somehow - have a radio contest or something to find the hottest girl in your listening area - have the rednecks at the expo vote on the finalists. "The MissOctober Pageant." Make the girls wear camo two-pieces. I'm sure somebody (like a limo service or night club) would donate a nice prize package for the winning girl.

Just thinking out loud.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Quick if you ever move to MI let me know, so I can move

Big deer work also, you can have a contest. Let people vote on the best mount.

The drury boys would be a nice draw, or Todd from WKP. Maybe have huntingnet.com come down.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry Germ, but I don't think I could ever enter the State of Michigan. I have an allergic reaction to all things Michigan, and any potential exposure to Wolverines or their fans would have my skin going into boils, and maybe even cause leprosy, erectiledysfunctionor blindness.

TheSpirits of Joe Paterno, Paul Posluszny, Larry Johnson and Lavar Arringonwould be standing at the "Welcome to Michigan" sign like the Fantastic Four - blocking all four lanes.They would be the voice of reason, and I would have no option but to come to my senses and turn back. I'd pull over and put on my"Muck Fichigan" t-shirt, andall in the world would be right again. Champagne would fall from the heavens. Birds would sing.

Speaking of sports - do you guys have any local sports heroes who are hunters, who you could have at the expo? Merrill Hoge is a Pittsburgher who is a big draw at the local hunting shows. He signs stuff and does pictures, etc.. Hoge is a hunting machine. We have a couple Steelers who like to hunt, too, and they usually show up for a while.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

No sports guys that hunt around here Fran. Jim Brady is from here....maybe he will show up[:'(]. J/K lol. Thanks for all the help so far guys.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

quick I now have a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart.

BTW when was the last time MI was beat by Penn ST

BB Can you get a local company to donate a bow or something? Treestand or maybe a hunt
Old 05-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

We probably can trade a bow in exchange for booth space or ads. We've done that before w/o an expo, just looking for a new event for this summer.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

My best suggestions are celebs, contests and big name brands. Celebs, even local ones can draw. Contests are always good, and if you get the brands and names that people know and want to see, then they will come.

Heck, because I am such a nice guy, if you fly me out & feed me, I'll come out to your expo. We all know that having the "Sort ofRecognized Huntingnet Wide" Rybohunter from PA would bring people flocking in from miles around to the show. Just make sure there's plenty of parking, and such, we wouldn't want to have to turn people away. [8D]
Old 05-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rybo I forgot to invite you....heck, you are even on Myspace lol.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Heck, because I am such a nice guy, if you fly me out & feed me, I'll come out to your expo. We all know that having the "Sort ofRecognized Huntingnet Wide" Rybohunter from PA would bring people flocking in from miles around to the show. Just make sure there's plenty of parking, and such, we wouldn't want to have to turn people away. [8D]

Well Rybo if you wouldnt have passed on that potential world record bull elk last fall ... ah never mind.. you'd still pack the house..

Quick Reply: Hunting/Outdoor Expo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.