Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 TO ALL MICHIGAN DEER HUNTERS >

TO ALL MICHIGAN DEER HUNTERS

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

TO ALL MICHIGAN DEER HUNTERS

Old 10-12-2006, 12:03 PM

Default TO ALL MICHIGAN DEER HUNTERS

Good luck to all of you this season. If you get onepost a story and a pic if you can. As for me, one down...doe taken on 10-2-06 at 25yards.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TO ALL MICHIGAN DEER HUNTERS

Should have a story with a doe this weekend. Been holding off for a day that is convienent!
Old 10-14-2006, 07:45 AM

My brothers and I hunted in the western U.P. of the Michigan the first week of the bow season

I shot a five pointer on Tuesday (10/03) night. Recovered it on Wednesday morning. It was hidden behind a dead fall and I know I had passed it the night before, but as you know things are different in a swap at night. The shot him at 21 yard and took out both lungs.

Doug took the doe Thursday night (10/05). He took a 20 yard double lung shot recovery was easy drop in sight at 30 yards.

My oldest brother Dan took his largest deer ever a 7 point buck, taken on Thursday night (10/05). This buck had a death wish he gave my brother 3 chances over 3 day. Dan was hunting from a ground blind the shots were less than 15 yards.

You got to love hunting in the U.P. weather wise? October 1st temp in the 80’s by October 6th Friday morning temp of 22 degrees .

Old 10-14-2006, 09:08 AM

Here's my brothers deer

Old 10-14-2006, 09:40 AM

I'm from Indiana, but will be hunting Northern Michigan for nearly a week during gun season.... I'll post it up if either myself or hubby get one. Good luck Wolverines from your Hoosier Neighbor!
Old 10-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

If I connect with something we will post it up here. Missed a 8 pt. opening evening. Following weekend went to the thumb area to fill doe tags and saw 3 does wrong side of blind for a shot and then saw a 10 pt. about 40yds away in some pretty thick stuff. Will be hunting in Jackson County next couple week ends and then head to bannana belt (Delta county) in the U.P. for firearm season. Then back to the Thumb for some muzzle loading and after that Jackson County to finish up bow, ifI have tags left.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:53 PM

I got a button opening morning of bow season. My first deer ever, probably should have waited but can't change that now. He came in went right to the pile. I got my bow up and into position and had a missed knocked arrow, the whisper bisket held the arrow and didn't make a noise but... he took off, and came right back. Before he got back I regrouped and was very ready. Hearing him stop I thought there was a good chance he would return. I was right, let him come in and wonder around, buck fever went away a little, and when he came to the pile I was ready. Took the shot and dropped right there, never moved from the pile. So all that work and at 7:20 am Oct 1st I was DONE, can't believe it. Going to the UP for gun season never hunted firearms before, hopefully I will be lucky there too.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:11 PM

Congrats to all of you that have shot deer. As for me, I shot a doe on October 2nd that was 160lbs on the hoof. She was a big old girl that the DNR aged around 7.5 years old. I hit her through the heart at 25 yards.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Just finished up in Jackson county. Hung a new stand saturday afternoon. I had been wanting to hunt this ridge about 50-75 yds in from the field, there just werent that many trees to set up in. I took a ladder stand in and belted and tied into a cedar tree (the only thing around for cover). sat the stand Saturday night and while being blown around in this dinky tree with the wind we had, I saw a 4pt. several doe and a 8 pt. basket.
Sunday morning I tried it again and had the 4 pt. back in along with several does. I could hear does moving through to my right and heard some grunting along with them. As I was trying to keep track of the does a nice 8 pt. came in to my left and just stood there as pretty as a picture. He was about 16 yds. away and i nailed him and watched him run up the ridge. 1 1/2 hours later I went to get him, tracked for over 200 yds. and lost blood. Looked like he went in to a grass field. We spent 5 hrs.Sunday looking for him and another 5 today and never found him. We did find his dead twin laying in a swamp, I was hoping it was him but he was shot on the left side instead of the right. Well it looks like two of us are bummed for losing deer. Just kinda makes you sick to waste an animal like that.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with a rcgerchow, I lost a big boy this weekend too. Tracked him forever, and just couldn't do it. It's an awful feeling.

Quick Reply: TO ALL MICHIGAN DEER HUNTERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.