HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Indiana Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/157510-indiana-hunters.html)

Pat Curtis 10-26-2006 09:40 AM

RE: Indiana Hunters

Rain or not, I'm going out after my Tombstone pizza is done. mmmMMMmmm

Buck Huntin Girl 10-26-2006 09:40 AM

Good day? UNBELIEVABLE day!!

I posted a LOOOONG post on it in the bowhunting forum, but I saw more big bucks today than I have seen in an entire season... All but the first one were wallhangers, although I'm not out there for that reason. I was planning on taking the small 8pt that came right to me this morning, but for some reason couldn't draw my bow back... I figured it out after the fact, I had too many clothes on. I don't know why that affects it, but it did for me anyway.(it was actually quite humorous,my buddy and I had tears rolling down our faces)So, I didn't get a shot at him, but then I had a monster come in, just unbelievably huge, NEVER seen one in the wild that big. My buddy rattled him to 20 yds, but he was behind a tree for me. :( I waited, and waited, and waited, finally started walking away and got to 30 yards (or so I thought). I took the shot, shot right under him. GRRRR!

I actually wasn't even upset. It was awesome having one that big *that* close.

Ended up having two more come in, large 8 and wide and tall racked 10 at about 80 yards.

Next, large 8-10 comes in at 50 yards, but wouldn't come to the rattle bag or grunt, couldn't have cared less, just kept on his path.

Next, I look over my shoulder and see a deer butt going away from me only about 5 yards... don't know how we missed that one!! We didn't even hear him come in, it was crazy out there!

Best hunt of my life though, eventhough I came home empty handed, what a blast!

I have a more detailed story up in bowhunting, but my fingers are tired... lol

live2hunt009 10-26-2006 04:30 PM

Tomorrow there callen for a east wind and possibly some wind wuts your guys thoughts? I plan on goin out anyway tho.

monster10rackstack 10-26-2006 05:45 PM

In planning on hunting just got in from hunting tonight got to see a huge buck kill a small tree and then work so corn stalks over. He stayed about 80 yd away and didn't care about my grunts or rattling

Pat Curtis 10-26-2006 06:46 PM

Went out from 3pm-730..saw jack. First time in a while I was totally skunked. I did have an evil SE wind and some rain blowing right at me.

Weather looks to be the same tomorrow..but I'm still going out all day.

monster10rackstack 10-26-2006 07:03 PM

Good luck Patill be out in the pm i went out tonight because you said you were gave me a little nudge

Pat Curtis 10-26-2006 07:14 PM

lol

I will have the wind/rain at my back in the morning...bet the farm on that. Cold rain in the face is evil.

I forgot to mention, LOTS of new scrapes/rubs very close to 2 of my favorite stands. It does however, appear they visit the scrapes at night currently.

Buck Huntin Girl 10-26-2006 07:23 PM

As good of a day as I had today, I think I'm going to sit tomorrow out. 70% chance of rain all day with moderate winds... not my idea of enjoyable. Besides, I've been out the last two mornings and have gotten little sleep. I need to take a day off unfortunately to catch a few extra hours of sleep.

I'm hoping Saturday will be a good day to hunt, calling for rain then too, but the percentage isn't quite as high.

I hate hunting in the rain, especially during bow season because I just don't want to track a washed out blood trail.

Good luck to you guys going out tomorrow, hope you get a big one!

bigbuckOO 10-26-2006 08:55 PM

Winds are supposed to be brutal on Saturday, right now they are saying 30 mph gusts. The only shot i have tomorrow is maybe in the evening, otherwise i wont be out till Sunday morning unless the forecasts for those winds change.

Pat Curtis 10-27-2006 03:35 AM

Per Weatherbug out of Kendalllville for Saturday:

Saturday

Windy. Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of light rain showers. Highs in the mid 40s. Northwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 40 mph.

I'm heading out today, I don't fear 5-15mph winds with light rain. IMO, sounds good.