Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
"LEATHAL WEAPON"WOW!!!!! >

"LEATHAL WEAPON"WOW!!!!!

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

"LEATHAL WEAPON"WOW!!!!!

Old 11-09-2002, 08:37 PM

Default "LEATHAL WEAPON"WOW!!!!!

Lethal Weapon WOW!!

Sat Saturday evening where son saw a 150+ buck on Friday at dusk but he stayed out at 40 yds. No shot available.

Put out both applicators(supplied with free sample), 1 at 15 yds and 1 at 30 looking into a crosswind. At 4:58 I heard noise in the ditch and 2 does came out with a buck right behind them, all at a fast trot. The does went on the downwind side of the "Leathal Weapon" which I had on a cornstalk about 3 feet off the ground. The buck was going 2 or 3 feet on the upwind side. He got 1 step past the cornstalk and almost did a somersault when he smelled the scent. Stuck his nose right on it. He spent the next 30 minutes 15 to 40 yds right in front of me presenting 6 excellent shot opportunities. I was on the ground and these were all excellent shot opportunities with head down and quartering away. I talked myself out of harvesting him constantly. Maybe a mistake as this would of been my largest bowkill to date, 115 to 120 score. Just couldn't cut loose knowing a 150+ was there last night.

Thanks James Valley for the free sample. I couldn't ask for any better results. It did exactly what it is supposed to do. Best hunt in a couple of years, just the wrong deer.

p.s. the does kept on going and the buck didn't!!!!!

Can't wait untill tomorrow.

Stick it to 'em

ruthead
Old 11-11-2002, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: "LEATHAL WEAPON"WOW!!!!!

Interesting. Can't say I had the same results but will try again. Keep us posted.
Old 11-11-2002, 10:12 PM

Maybe it's cause I'm still young and havent had a whole lot of shot opportunities (0 kills with a bow), but i dont understand why people keep passin up all of these nice bucks i keep hearing about. Last shotgun season i shot a 3pt (one tine was completely broke off) it was an ugly deer but big bodied. I got some crap for shootin a 3 pt, but you cant eat the antlers.

Shoot straight and shoot often.
Old 11-28-2002, 01:01 AM
Fork Horn

Wall Hanger did it for me, I killed my biggest buck last year hunting over it & that was all the proof I needed that James Valley Scents are THE BEST money can buy!! It don't take much to bring them in & the smell last for several days, it smells just like a deer to. I have used other "pee/sex" scents in the past but they just smelled like P!SS to me! Anyone who has ever killed a mature/rutting buck knows what they smell like, to me they smell like wet cows.. (GOT MILK?) lol I'm just thankful there is a local dealer near me that sells James Valley Scents!!