HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "LEATHAL WEAPON"WOW!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2002, 08:37 PM
rutthead

Default "LEATHAL WEAPON"WOW!!!!!

Lethal Weapon WOW!!

Sat Saturday evening where son saw a 150+ buck on Friday at dusk but he stayed out at 40 yds. No shot available.

Put out both applicators(supplied with free sample), 1 at 15 yds and 1 at 30 looking into a crosswind. At 4:58 I heard noise in the ditch and 2 does came out with a buck right behind them, all at a fast trot. The does went on the downwind side of the "Leathal Weapon" which I had on a cornstalk about 3 feet off the ground. The buck was going 2 or 3 feet on the upwind side. He got 1 step past the cornstalk and almost did a somersault when he smelled the scent. Stuck his nose right on it. He spent the next 30 minutes 15 to 40 yds right in front of me presenting 6 excellent shot opportunities. I was on the ground and these were all excellent shot opportunities with head down and quartering away. I talked myself out of harvesting him constantly. Maybe a mistake as this would of been my largest bowkill to date, 115 to 120 score. Just couldn't cut loose knowing a 150+ was there last night.

Thanks James Valley for the free sample. I couldn't ask for any better results. It did exactly what it is supposed to do. Best hunt in a couple of years, just the wrong deer.

p.s. the does kept on going and the buck didn't!!!!!

Can't wait untill tomorrow.

Stick it to 'em

ruthead