Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

burrows

Old 09-09-2006, 12:23 PM

Default burrows

hey guys i own some hunting property in mid michigan (clare, harrison) and when ever i walk my property i come across burrows (holes) in the ground about a foot in diameter. what type of animal makes these burrows, should i avoid these areas? i was thinking about setting up a camera but rather use the camera for deer watching> thanks
Old 09-09-2006, 03:54 PM

Default RE: burrows

could be woodchucks or maybe badgers.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm guessing they aren't badgers, but there is a possibility of woodchucks, foxes, or coyotes. Depends on how many holes, the area, and how big. If they are around some sort of fruit bearing trees/plants, I gurantee a woodchuck.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Typical Buck

ive also heard that a bobcat will dig holes as a sort of trap for prey, they wait for somethin like a woodchuck to start using the hole, then they eat it. im not sure if this is true, but i seem to remember hearing somethin about it back in school
Old 09-11-2006, 06:57 PM

my property is covered with acorn trees and ferns, ive nvr seen anything but raccoons, chipmunks, and squirrels in the area so i have no clue whats making these holes,the hole is about the size of a volley ball.