Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin scouting... Hard antlers >

Wisconsin scouting... Hard antlers

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin scouting... Hard antlers

Old 09-03-2006, 01:30 PM

Default Wisconsin scouting... Hard antlers

Finally got the new camera fired up. And got Junior to set up a system on the computor for me to download pictures from video footage. We have been out scouting and shining... I keep most of my foot scouting to the food sources and figure out were the bucks are feeding and once I find that out its pretty easy for me to figure out where they are bedding. We found the reason for the lack of activity in the fields latly to be the acorns in the woods... There are alot more white oaks dropping this year than expected, and some heavy deer sign up on the oak ridges...

1st rub of the year was up in those white oaks too.I checked it out while I enjoyed some wild grapes...

We did some cruising around the public marshs with the spotlight and camera last night and saw the same 3 year old 8 point we have been seeing every night, but now with a new set of hard antlers... We have also been seeing a 160 class 10 point hanging in the same field, the 10 is a little camera shy, but I was able to get a little video of him in the infra-red mode but the pics turned out black, they seem to all darken up a bit when I transpher them. I also went looking for a definate booner I seen the night before with a mission to get him on film. He was out and I was shocked to see he was with another monster that also has to be close to B&C Again, no picks, but I will work on it again tonight. They were just out of camera / spotlight range. But I was able to lock onto the 8 point a 3 year old, nothing huge, but, here is a pick...

Old 09-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wisconsin scouting... Hard antlers

Nice Pics
Old 09-03-2006, 09:15 PM

Can't wait to see the booner and company.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:06 AM

It's nice to see that they are coming out of velvet. Hopefully you will get some pics of the bigger ones.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:07 PM

They wern't out last night, I will try again tonight. I though for sure they would of been moving with that front that came thru.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:14 AM

Was up in Bowler wi and saw 2 bucks a10 and a 6 both rubbed clean.....Lookin good for the season!
Old 09-07-2006, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

seems a bit early to be finding rubs on the trees, I looked along some pretty heavy run aways and just off the sides and havent found any rubs at all, i think you have a hungry critter lol.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:31 PM

Actually my brother found some large tress rubbed and smaller one thrashed in an area that we have been seeing a large buck south of Alma Center.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:21 PM

Yep... As soon as those antlers are free of velvet they start trashing trees.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Typical Buck

i got a pic on my moultrie from a few days later, a small 6 point, and it was still in full velvet

Quick Reply: Wisconsin scouting... Hard antlers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.