Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Il. archery tags. >

Il. archery tags.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Il. archery tags.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:08 AM

Default RE: Il. archery tags.

they stink and will fall "tear "to easy drag a deer with paper tied to it lol
Old 10-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

I gotta admit,the tag wasn't as bad as I thought it would be,I just don't like the call in system.One more thing to note folks, and this could be an important one,the leg tag has a spot designated for you to write the conformation check in number on it,anyway after you shoot your deer,get it field dressed ,and put the leg tag on(as you are supposed to)and don't have a cellphone to check your deer in with , you could technicaly be breaking the law.I don't think that one was well thought out.The new tags are not bad ,but I wish that they still had the check in stations,it was a good place to look at other deer ,and have a bit of fellowship with other hunters.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

Well thats encouraging that they arent too bad. I havent had a chance to use mine yet.

Also you have till 10:00 pm to call you deer in so if you dont have a cell phone you can get to a phone and do it from there.

Don
Old 10-31-2006, 07:17 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

I use these...they're pretty handy.

http://www.rmarchery.com/products/Hunting%20Accessories/Miscellaneous/382.html

Old 11-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Spike

Am I the only one who is glad to see the new waterprooftags??? Ohio has had these for several years now (after trial and error: the sticky tape strips were alwfull!!) Ohio requires an attached string BEFORE hunting... SIMPLE SOLUTION: Tie 20" of dental floss to each tag hole, fold tags, wrap floss around the bunch and shove in wallet and you're legal... I have two Illinois and two Ohio tags EASILY in my wallet!!!! I carry plastic zip strips in my pack, but have had buddy use the dental floss at 55mph in truck-bed for ten miles to town before getting metal state tag. Also beats buying a new boot lace......P.S. in Ohio don't buy tags on internet, printer paper not waterproof!! Good luck, good hunting, let the small one's grow!
Old 11-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

How much is an Ill out of state bow tag and what does it cover?