Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Any One Hunt I MINNESOTA >

Any One Hunt I MINNESOTA

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Any One Hunt I MINNESOTA

Old 11-06-2002, 03:36 PM

Default Any One Hunt I MINNESOTA

do you hunt in minnesota????

if you do, do you tink tat there are big bucks in minnesota cause that is here i live and hunt.

e-mail me at [email protected]
Old 11-07-2002, 01:19 PM

Default RE: Any One Hunt I MINNESOTA

Yes, actually, Minnesota is right near the top of the list when it comes to B&C bucks. As MN has had its season yet (it opens Sat), I would expect you would see more photos shortly. As with any state, there are areas that produce some big bucks and areas that don't. But overall, Minnesota has as big as bucks as anywhere. One reason that you arent seeing the numbers of monsters coming out of MN is that the harvest methods are fairly restritive compared to other states. MN does not allow any type of baiting, which increases some of the other state totals. Also, a disturbing trend that I see is that MN hunters haven't been as quick to adopt QDM principals as hunters in other states. If you are hunting an area that doesnt suffer from overpressure, it is a given that there is a big boy somewhere close.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:43 AM

Default RE: Any One Hunt I MINNESOTA

I hunt area 156 and there are TONS of does, fawns, and small bucks. There are some decent bucks around but I would agree with Codydawg - MN is slot at passing up the young ones.

My group has ~10 hunters - some of which bowhunt, and I do exclusively. NONE of them will pass on a buck - no matter what size - ever...

The doe I took tasted great - let 'em go so they can grow!

Aim small miss small