Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Who's deer hunting in IL? >

Who's deer hunting in IL?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Who's deer hunting in IL?

Old 09-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Spike

Default RE: Who's deer hunting in IL?

I'll definitely be hunting come October 1st. It seems that day can't get here fast enough. I go to school at Southern Illinois in Carbondale, but I will be making many trips back home to Jasper County to hunt (and maybe watch some HS football games, GO NEWTON EAGLES). I know there is all kinds of ground in So. IL, but there is nothing like hunting your own territory. Good luck to all on Sunday!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 01:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Jochs,

I'm a Saluki (class of 1988) and graduated High school in Olney. Did they play Newton this year?

When i deer hunt, its down south of Claremont. But, I've got a lot of friends who hunt the river bottoms up around St. Marie and the Bend.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Spike

Lanse, Thats pretty cool that we are both originally from the same area, and both went to Southern. I just happen to live about 1.5 miles northwest of Ste. Marie so I do a lot of my hunting in those river bottoms. We probably know some of the same people (or possibly). My dad was originally from Stringtown so I also know that areaa little bit. We own 80 acres in the bend along the green briar road, but it is mostly tillable (which sucks). I don't know but I am ready to be out in the woods because I have been seing some nice bucks in the area. (Must be the river). I know you mentioned something earlier about dove hunting, but this year seemed to be down for some reason. There was a lot around the week before season but they seemed to disappear. Newton hasn't played Olney yet this year, but they do on October the 13. Olney better come ready to play because Newton has a very good team again this year. I don't know if you heard, but they placed 2nd in 4A last year. It was very exciting because the whole town was appreciative. Gotta love those small towns in the area. Just curious, what degree did you happen to graduate with. I'm going into mechanical engineering, and hopefully I can find a job around the area back home. Good luck on the upcoming season.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jochs,

This is too cool. At some point, I'm gonna Pm you to talk about stuff like High Benders, the Boar's Nest, etc.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Spike

Now we're talking...oh wait I've never been there before...just kidding, I go to Benders sometimes
Old 09-27-2006, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Adams county for me!!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:40 AM

Bow In Kane, ML in Cass this year. I drew a tag for JEPC, Anybody know any hot spots there?
Old 09-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

tiny. all i can say is GO DEEP. that place is scary come shotgun season. i worked out there for two years and we had people always comming up to us saying how close a slug came from hitting them. most of the people i saw when i was out there were not hunting more than 400 yards in so pick a spot and go as deep as you think possible. you will see more deer and less hunters that way which equals a gretter chance for success.
good luck!!
Jeff
Old 09-28-2006, 09:05 AM

I wish october would get here sooner. i will be hunting in clark/crawford counties again this year, with both gun and bow.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:31 AM

My borther in law had anice piece of property that I was hunting for a few years. He just sold it last month, I thought I was out of luck. Until yesterday, I ran into a friend of my fathers that is a huge farmer in McHenry co. He has a 20 acre wooded area that is surrounded by 100sof acres of beans and corn. I haven't scouted it yet but it is a start.

Quick Reply: Who's deer hunting in IL?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.