Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Who has hunted the Kansas Rut >

Who has hunted the Kansas Rut

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Who has hunted the Kansas Rut

Old 06-12-2006, 08:07 AM

Default Who has hunted the Kansas Rut

Hey guys I am going to Kansas archery hunting and I can pretty much choose the dates I go. I want to go when the biggest bucks are the most vulnerable during the rut. I will be going for a week. When should I go?

Thanks Jeremy
Old 06-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who has hunted the Kansas Rut

It depends on the weather. But a good rule of thumb is the 2nd week of November. Some say the 1st week of Nov. Just depends on who you talk to.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:38 PM

I was planning on hunting from Nov 10th to the 17th, but I could change it a bit if need to.

Jeremy
Old 06-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thatmay be fine as well. The past couple of years, it has been really warm during the rut, making it a little later and not quite as strong as it usually is. Last year, during the first week of November it was near 80 degrees. I didn't know whether to hunt or to work on my sun-tan. But other years, it's below zero. I'm just praying for the cold!! Those seasons are the best! Good Luck hunting.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya might want to take into concideration upland bird hunters, and thier activities. I arrowed one of my P&Y bucks because he got pushed out of an area by bird hunters, into my lap. If the land you will be hunting is not bothered by upland bird hunters, no worrys, BUT if the land you'll be hunting also gets hunted by bird hunters, they could spool your hunt!
Old 06-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Ya the bird hunters are thicker than anyplace I've been in the country. If you are hunting public land finish your hunt theday of the pheasant opener or maybe the 2nd day. Otherwise you will be screwed. Much of private land is the same way. You need to ask. Hunt the last week of October if you have to. I mean it.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree 100% with the last 2 statements. The bird hunters will negatively effect most all of the public deer hunting land. If you're on private, then it may not as big ofa deal. KDWP moved the upland bird season earlier this year, giving WIHA hunters only 3 days total, before the Bird Hunters stir everything up. A poor decision, that hopefully we can get changed back, next year, if we're lucky.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:11 AM

I will be on all private undisturbed land. So in this case if you were coming from out of state for a week when would it be?
Old 06-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

It depends on the weather. But a good rule of thumb is the 2nd week of November. Some say the 1st week of Nov. Just depends on who you talk to